PDA

View Full Version : 1976 gt 21

Sweet Cheekz
04-30-2014, 05:52 PM
1976 GT 21 Complete Restoration
New gel, new Mitcher T Paint Job, New Custom Interior 5 skater sit down bolsters with center throttle counsel Left Hand steer. All new wiring, livorsi gauges including depth, gps speedo, knock meter and fuel flow scan meter. Garmin built in GPS JL Audio Stereo with remote, sirius radio and amps. Livorsi throttle and shifter with trim in the throttle Custom lighting and Latham vertical trim indicators Custom upholstered original steering wheel Cockpit Carpeting External Battery switch with seperate Battery Terminals
2 Batteries in offshore brackets, stelling headers with stainless marine custom tailpipes exhausting below the water line. All braided lines on a 622 CI 700hp naturally aspirated dart block with polished and ported dart heads. 380 s Trim Tabs xr bravo drive with new gears and 2" imco shortie on a Mercury ITS Transom assembly with hydraulic steering. Two props Sea Strainer and Fresh Water Flush
New cockpit cover, new dual axle trailer with Mounted Spare and Chrome Fenders
New 100 gallon fuel tank. All hardware rechromed or new. Electric Engine Hatch
New stringers and transom with four full bukheads installed along with support gussets every two feet throughout the boat. Very solid, safe, fast and gentle handeling. Turns 5200 rpms Very docile around the dock and quiet.
I have a complete documented history of every detail of the restoration.
This is my year to part with this boat. Asking 40k or best offer.
Parnell 616-437-3852

jl1962
04-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Got to see this boat at Lake George several years ago.

Tremendous detail and quality. Rock solid and fast.

One of a kind and nicely done.

GLWS

roadtrip se
04-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Got to see this boat at Lake George several years ago.

Tremendous detail and quality. Rock solid and fast.

One of a kind and nicely done.

GLWS

Skip the construction quality and appearance characteristics of this boat. They are given.

I've run with it. Really run with it! Big water. Full of family. Doesn't matter. The boat runs flat and stable. And fast. Nothing not to like.

And rigged, really, really nice to boot!

duckhunter
04-30-2014, 09:35 PM
Wow. Love this boat.

Buy the hardware, rigging, and interior and get a hull & trailer thrown in for free. Good luck with her sale - someone needs to snatch this thing up!

ETA: Ok, I just looked at the pictures again and did the mental beer math. It isn't anywhere near possible to replicate this boat for the ask. Good deal for someone. It's the right color, too...

Ed Donnelly
04-30-2014, 09:37 PM
I have heard so much about this Donzi. Over the top...Ed

Carl C
05-01-2014, 06:36 AM
I got to run with this boat also on Lake St. Clair down to Detroit. That was before it was fully dialed in. I put so much money into my 22 to get it where I want and now I see these beautiful boats popping up in the $50,000 range. Wow. Parnell, can I put your video in your for sale thread? I'll delete the link if for some reason you'd like. 45g OBO. Someone should be all over that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaPHVvBBvH4

Sweet Cheekz
05-01-2014, 08:41 AM
ETA: . It isn't anywhere near possible to replicate this boat for the ask. ...

As most of us who have completely redone these boats can attest, this is absolutley true. It was great fun to design and build and I never had any expectations of a financial windfall. I am very proud of how it turned out and how it runs, however I have too many boats and one needs to go.
Thanks for all the nice complimnets and thanks for attaching the vid Carl

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
05-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Spring is here

Conquistador_del_mar
05-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Such a well done restoration! Way over the top! Someone will be getting a very special boat.

JayZ
05-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Why is this boat still for sale? --seriously.

Carl C
05-16-2014, 08:26 AM
The only problem I see is that financing will be a problem on an older model boat. Regardless if it's in brand new condition banks go by the model year. That means coming up with the cash.

Sweet Cheekz
05-29-2014, 04:15 PM
They dont like to make big loans on a 1976 boat regardless of its condition but hopefully someone can rize above that.
I would consider a partial trade for another donzi or potentially a newer pickup
parnell

Greg Guimond
05-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Someone will buy it. Just need to wait for the right buyer. :yes:

A True Classic and Very Unique Restoration – Rare 1976 Donzi GT 21

I have a completely documented history of every detail of the restoration. It was a great project and could not be replicated for twice my price.

Complete “Frame Off” Restoration. 1 of 134 hulls ever made, the GT 21 was built from 1968 through 1979. Only 99 are left in the world today
622 cubic inch 700hp (20 hours with dyno sheets) naturally aspirated Dart block with polished and ported Dart heads and all braided lines. Electric Engine Hatch
Stelling headers with Stainless Marine custom tailpipes exhausting below the water line. Sea Strainer and full Fresh Water Flush
XR Bravo drive with 2" Imco shortie on a Mercury Racing “ITS” Transom assembly with fully integrated hydraulic steering. 380 K Planes with Latham pop up trim indicators
New stringers and transom with four additional full bulkheads installed along with support gussets every two feet throughout the boat
New and completely custom paint by one of the best in the country - Mitcher T Paint. All hardware re-chromed or new. Custom 100 gallon fuel tank
New and completely custom interior includes (5) Skater sit down bolsters with center throttle console and Left Hand steering. New cockpit cover
100% new rigging and wiring. Full Livorsi gauges including depth, gps speedo (your speeds may vary!), knock meter, and fuel flowscan meter. Custom Garmin built in GPS panel
JL Audio stereo with remote, Sirius radio and pro amps. Custom lighting with external Battery switch and 2 Batteries in full offshore brackets
2012 Integrity dual axle trailer with brakes, mounted spare and chrome fenders.

$45,000 and can ship anywhere in the lower 48. Very solid, safe, fast and predictable handling at speed. Docile around the dock and quiet.

Please call Parnell @ 616-437-3852 (tel:616-437-3852)

Sweet Cheekz
06-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks for posting that Greg
Open to offers. It ran perfect two weeks ago and is ready for summer

Greg Guimond
06-12-2014, 08:09 AM
No worries, I just threw it on another board for you on the West Coast. Ya never know where a buyer might be. Good Luck.

Sweet Cheekz
06-30-2014, 09:15 AM
Price reduced Make offer

Greg Guimond
06-30-2014, 09:23 AM
$40,000 for your boat is a nice price. Maybe also put it into Dupont Registry.

Carl C
06-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Wow! Don't give it away, Parnell.

Sweet Cheekz
07-08-2014, 02:12 PM
greg
I have thought of that and I might still do that. Like everyone on this board, id prefer to loose a little money to someone that can appreciate what has been done and appreciate the boat.
Thanks Parnell

Greg Guimond
07-09-2014, 06:55 PM
greg, I have thought of that and I might still do that. Like everyone on this board, id prefer to loose a little money to someone that can appreciate what has been done and appreciate the boat. Thanks Parnell

I hear you, good karma with that.

I posted it for you on two other West Coast sites and sent a note to Prime Marine. They are in SoCal and probably one of the best high end shops out there. Mike the owner is a great guy and knows a lot of peeps so who knows where it gets some air time. You might also call Bruce Canepa at Canepa Design. He has a high appreciation for well executed classic stuff and has a national following for his cars. Often he will consign/sell some very, very unique watercraft.

Good Luck.

Sweet Cheekz
07-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Thanks Greg
If anyone has interest I would consider a partial trade of a 18
Parnell