PDA

View Full Version : New Lake George Boat Launch Rules and locations

Scott Pearson
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Their not messing around. You will be limited to where you will be able to launch you boat.

BUIZILLA
04-07-2014, 12:00 PM
actually, you are limited only to the inspection station locations shown, once it is inspected and they attach the ring seal you can launch at the ramp(s) of your choice is what I was told.. it would be a GOOD idea to get your LG sticker first though, to save time before you arrive at the inspection site, if sticker sales are not performed at the inspection site shown on the map.

RickSE
04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I hope they can be succesful with these efforts. Lake Powell tried to keep the mussels out for several years but it failed. The effort out here invloved way too many agencies so it was doomed for failure from the beginning. Worst part of all is that they expected people to be truthful when they brought their boats into the park. Our boat inspections were not mandatory and would only happen if the boater admitted that the boat had been in contiminated water. :confused: Several boaters were caught at the ramp during the process with contaminated boats but eventually someone got through and contaminated the lake.

If they don't inspect, bait wells, ballast tanks, anchors & lines, or anything that's been in the water they're gonna get through.

jl1962
04-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I support the LG Park Commission, they take water quality very seriously.

Compliance doesn't seem to be that much of an inconvenience: the price is right (free) and the operating hours for the Inspection Stations are reasonable (6am - 9pm in some cases).

But if you are trailering in for an event, or arriving late - definitely budget a little more time. A clean boat isn't normally an issue for most of the Donzi owners I've met!

More info at www.LGBoatinspections.com (http://www.LGBoatinspections.com)

Pismo
04-08-2014, 09:59 AM
The Lake George Park Commission is a mindless, vast bureaucracy with endless rules and regs which do little/nothing for the lake. It is a no-work jobs factory of bureaucracy. Their main role is to force people to buy LG stickers and permits and then they go around checking for stickers which is basically racketeering. Now they have added this pointless, inadequate inspection system decades after Zebra mus. and Milfoil among others have already been introduced into the lake. It will be a total cluster and will accomplish little to nothing except expand the bureaucracy, increase costs, and expand no-work jobs. Classic big govt in action. It will keep boats off the lake tho...If the LGPC actually did anything to preserve the lake I would support it, but in it's current form, if it vanished tomorrow (like it did in the 80s) sadly, nothing would change.

jl1962
04-08-2014, 10:13 AM
But what do you really think?

;)

Seriously though, the water quality has deteriorated in the 45 years I've been going to the lake. Invasives are only part of the problem. Pesticides, fertilizers, run-off, road salt and on and on. Sure LGPC is a vast bureaucracy, but raising awareness, educating boaters and enforcing common sense rules are probably the only things that can make a difference at this point.

See ya on the water - if the ice ever melts.....

mattyboy
04-08-2014, 11:26 AM
The LGDCC has always cared for the lake and the water conditions . we have asked for some clarification on the process and we will keep you posted. We are extremely interested in the procedure and the length it takes .

once the inspection is done and the boat will launch at another ramp the boat is sealed to the trailer we think that only ramp owner will be able to unseal the boat legally, they remove the seal which has a number for tracking. the boat comes back and the ramp owner can reseal the boat to be relaunched with out re-inspection. if the boat owner cuts the seal it means it needs to be inspected again.

The way I have read the law which has a sunset date on it so it may not be for good, I think it has a two year limit then review to see if it has made any impact. If it has not made an impact on the lake it goes away

I can get inspected get the boat sealed( wire lash to trailer with a reuseable lock to anyone who has a key like a ramp owner) I can launch recapture and have the boat resealed and leave it on the trailer at the ramp site or storage facility for anytime then relaunch. If I take the boat home and leave it on the trailer and sealed I can come back months later and relaunch. If i launch my boat at home and have to cut the seal when i come back i need an inspection. there are unknown liabilities and costs that will make some ramp owners close their ramps to use.

the courtesy inspections took about 15 minutes without cleaning also without lines. It is easy to say that this will add sometime to splashing for day use, we will monitor the situation and keep you posted. My guess the inspection will take an hour with waiting in line to getting to the ramp and another hour for cleaning if needed. By summers end I think the process will be shorter with practice

the best policy is be prepared cleaned drained and dry and also be prepared to have the tech come onboard one may want to remove the interior during the process and have towels handy. They are going to go thru all lockers,lines,fenders,tubs,storage areas, anchors,bilge. Make sure you have what you need to run you boat on the hose especially if it is an older volvo AQ boat which don't like muffs

leave time if you figure the amount of trailered boats at the hotels on the lake that use their own ramps and the normal checkin / checkout days the weekend could be quite crowded at these inspection sites.

We will keep you posted

dsparis
04-08-2014, 09:24 PM
I'd move if I lived anywhere near this cluster %#$$$%%

Ghost
04-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Sounds like the result, regardless of the intent, will be to radically reduce visitors to the lake. People who call that lake home will be largely unaffected. Visitors will go elsewhere.

Carl C
04-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Sounds like the result, regardless of the intent, will be to radically reduce visitors to the lake. People who call that lake home will be largely unaffected. Visitors will go elsewhere.

Businesses will be affected. The 45 mph speed limit is uncalled for too. Do the Finger Lakes or Lake Champlan have these restrictions? The Great Lakes do not. Rules: http://www.lakegeorge.com/boating/regulations.cfm

mike o
04-09-2014, 06:30 AM
Oh Boy, Don N is going to have keep the "cooler" squeaky clean for inspection...........:kingme:

mattyboy
04-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Businesses will be affected. The 45 mph speed limit is uncalled for too. Do the Finger Lakes or Lake Champlan have these restrictions? The Great Lakes do not. Rules: http://www.lakegeorge.com/boating/regulations.cfm

Not really a fair comparision Lake George is a NY STATE PARK not a public waterway, If you compare Lake George to other lakes in NY STATE PARKS you will find that it is one of the few that allow motorboats of any kind. There are other lakes in NY that have the speed limit Lake George doesn't really enforce the speed limit unless you rip 10 feet off the shore or 10 feet off a canoe , kyack or fishing vessel. You would have to drive like a total arsehole to get attention for speeding. Noise on the other hand is what they really look for ,they are a few decibels lower 89 than NY state instead of 90 which is a standard in most states.

Anyone that has visited the area knows the unique beauty and resource the lake is. It is the drinking water for the region and the economic lifline for the residents and business owners in the area. They are trying to preserve and maintain the water quality of the lake . the issue with invasive species started in other waterways like the great lakes years ago had the word gone out then maybe these type of mandates might not be necessary but that is water under the bridge now.

the area is a tourist mecca they will not see any real dip in profits from this they may see some unwanted side effects that on saturday mornings the traffic is backed up out of norwal onto the road to the sagamore then up into bolton landing. the law doesn't really effect locals nor will it effect boat rentals in fact it may add a boom to that segement of the market. There are 10s of thousands who go to the lake each year most of which never get out on the water. The impact on marinas and ramp owners is not known. The ramp will become a cost center for motels that have them , they will need to record and expend man power to operate the ramp.

one clarification i got was the lash is a one time thing once locked when it is opened it is done the ramp owner will have to attach a new lash. this sounds expensive to me and feel the "free" on this mandate is very short lived. NY state is great for creating mandates and creating agencies without creating funding for them . i just spent two years in a grass root movement to have a law for user fees on my lake overturned. The commision needed users fees to be funded. The commission on my lake used the Lake George Park Commision as their benchmark and template once locals saw how encompassing their authority was in the area it was a political hot potatoe local elected officials ducked for cover during the process. The law hit it's sunshine date and was never enforced.

I also feel that when people look at these things they just assume hey they have a boat they can afford it and we will target them with fees and taxes. This mandate is incomplete and should be for all vessels that use the lake including car-top boats . Joe Schmoe can take his canoe asian clamming throw it on his car when done drive to any lakeside place and flip the canoe into the water no questions asked?

It will be an interesting start to the season

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
06-17-2014, 08:40 AM
I just went through the inspection procedure for the Dustoff. It was fine. Took 15 min. They were friendly and cordial, and there was no charge.
That being said, I wouldn't want to wait in a long line for it on a holiday weekend.

Eric

Greg Guimond
06-17-2014, 09:23 AM
I never even knew that there was a 45mph speed limit on a lake the size of Lake George. That's of no interest to me although I'm sure a lot of folks agree with it and appreciate it. There was no speed limit this past Saturday for the New York Hudson River Poker Run. Made for a quick trip to West Point and back for the big dawgs like this OL :yes:

jl1962
06-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Greg-

We're talking boat inspections here, not speed limits.

I've been to two other "nice" north east lakes in the past year and they were both MAJOR disappointments in terms of water quality.

Although I was sailing at both lakes, I wouldn't even put my Donzi INTO either one of them - that bad.......
LG is just too precious a resource to not take every opportunity to make a difference. And there's no point in being bitter and cynical about what should've been done 20 years ago or to complain about BIG Government. It is what it is and it's pretty much all hands on deck to keep the lake nice. That said - you either get it or you don't. But people at the ramps were very polite and very efficient and boaters did not seem to mind the inconvenience.

As far as speed limits go, the LG are realistic and much more likely to come down on reckless operators. We ran all weekend without a ticket for either noise or speed. We did get one polite chit chat for running 66 in the narrows - but no ticket.

The Lake ran a successful race boat demonstration in May and certainly no one gave the big Skater (trailer plate below) that blew by us on Saturday a ticket. Either of your 16s would've been a blast this weekend. I hope you join us one day.
:yes:

bertsboat
06-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Move the Dust off to the Thousand Islands. More participation and WAY better boating. A date where more Donzi people will attend. I practice safe boating. I don't need the government telling me how to boat especially when they are not really boaters. They just got a job on a boat.
I see the Sheriff here in the town where I live joy riding and stopping every jet ski in sight which is a good thing. Jet skiers are not boaters either.
Do they allow jet skis on Lake George?

jl1962
06-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Bert-

With all respect, the idea is to boat ON Lake George. ;)

Would love to see your 14 there one day. There may be one, if not two others on the lake next year.

But it would be great to make it to the ACBS museum in Clayton one day - it's on my list.
And you're right - it's great to see ACBS working to include classic glass!

Thanks
:yes:

bertsboat
06-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Now , just in time for the Dust OFF!! The speed limit and the boat ramp inspections will be a thing of the past.

mattyboy
06-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Now , just in time for the Dust OFF!! The speed limit and the boat ramp inspections will be a thing of the past.

Bert you should know better than most, people put Donzi decals on boats that ain't donzi all the time.

Sorry i missed this dustoff but it was just not in the cards.

Eric you're story is like most donzi classic owners who attended the dustoff easy peasy lemon squezzey.

It looks like attendance for all Lake George events including the ones that don't use the lake( Americade actual attendance and Adirondack Nat'ls advanced reservations ) are way off this year I would say that this weak economy has cut in to a lot of peoples fun funds.

There was a thread recently on OSO about the performance weekend in Lake George and it always seems people who have never been there or to an event there like bitchin about the speed limit or the noise enforcement. The boys at performance marine and their sponsors put on a great event again all who attended were happy. A great thing for power boaters and lake george

People come each year and have a blast and with very little if any hassles . the longest running Donzi Classic Only event in the world and also a fall event that welcomes all Donzi and other Aronow and Thunderboat row boats. The LGPC loves having us they know we have respect for the lake and are responsible power boaters.

So Bert pack up the 14 Cigarette and get to the fall picnic i am sure you will have a good time. we had an awesome 20 cig last year.

mattyboy
06-18-2014, 11:27 AM
One thing I should mention my fear was that boats would need to be cleaned and that would take time making waits longer. Not so the inspection stations are not cheap boat cleaning services, if the boat is really dirty or has a grimey slimey bottom from another body of water they turn you away they will not clean it, the decon is just for spot areas a live well that wasn't cleaned or a bunk that has some weeds on it.

the 1000 islands area is a great boating destination but just doesn't compare to Our Lake The Queen

bertsboat
06-18-2014, 02:02 PM
If I come Matty I will take the Donzi emblems off and install the Cigarette stickers. Just something about having a Baby Cigarette. Brings to mind the cheap knock off 12 footers that they always call "Mini Cigarette boat"
You agree?? That's why I prefer it as a Baby Donzi.

mattyboy
06-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Bert

it happens all the time
tissues get called klenex
colas get called Coke
go fast boats get called Cigarette
it goes with being the best in your field

many have tried to be Cigarette but when it says CRT on the back it is the real deal the one that DON A put on the map

you could call it a Magnum Midget but that ain't right either . it is a Cigarette and a very unique and rare one at that.

jtr2kwl
06-27-2014, 12:05 AM
I'd like to chime in with my experience because it seems like there's a lot of Lake George bashing happening on just about every forum under the sun. I have nearly 25 years of experience at the lake year round, and I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It seems a lot of conclusions have been drawn from flawed assumptions and misinformation, and many times from people who haven’t even been to Lake George.

Boat Inspections:
Yes, upon launch your boat will need to be inspected. The inspection itself is not nearly as time consuming as may be implied; they will not be going through your boat with a white glove. I brought my boat to Norwal Marina prior to memorial day weekend for its inspection, which took no more than 15 minutes including some conversational chit chat. They asked a few questions, took down my numbers and walked around the boat taking a look at the hull, drive, tabs, and trailer to check for any invasive species. At this point, they attached a seal to the boat and trailer indicating that I had passed inspection, and I was on my way. While the boat can sit on the trailer with the seal for as long as you wish and thus not need to be inspected again, I drove right over to Performance Marine to launch. Jason removed the seal and took down the seal number and boat numbers to record that he launched me, and I was on my way.

Once your boat is inspected you can be launched at any private or public launch on the lake, as they state in their information pamphlet. Here's the thing, after being launched I can bring my boat back to Performance Marine (and I assume any other launch), have the boat pulled out there, and as long as it stays on their property it will not need to be inspected again to be launched. How is this helpful? I've pulled my boat at Performance 3 or 4 times already this summer for work, and haven't needed it inspected again. I assume that for events such as the fall picnic, you would be able to pull your boat and leave it on the trailer over night at the venue, and then launch again the next day without needing another inspection.

The inspection process added maybe 15 minutes tops to my launch, and I really don't have an issue with that. I love the lake, and if this process helps keep it beautiful I'm all for it. Sure, on a busy day you may find yourself waiting in line for an inspection, but let’s be honest, you'd very likely be waiting in line for a launch on such a day with or without the inspection. The inspection sites are open relatively late, so get your boat inspected the night before if need be, and be ready to launch the next morning.

The Speed Limit:
"The Top Gun rules of engagement exist for your safety and for that of your team."

The speed limit on the lake is 45mph, not because the fish fuzz have a problem with power boats, but rather because Lake George is a site for numerous activities. Swimming, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, water skiing, tubing, and boating. As my little sister would say, sharing is caring. Other people want to swim, canoe, kayak, or whatever else they want to do for the same exact reasons you want to run your power boat on the lake: it’s beautiful and amazing. And while you look at kayakers and may say "I wish they weren't here so that I could go faster," it's very likely they're saying to themselves "I wish they weren't here so I could have more places to kayak." With so many activities happening in the same place, accidents happen. I have seen a few first hand and I've seen plenty of close calls, and this is where it becomes an issue. If a kayaker or canoer or swimmer bumps into your boat you're looking at a scratch that may really upset you, but at the end of the day is very likely only superficial. God forbid you ever hit a kayak, or a canoe, or someone who fell off a tube. A speeding ticket is going to be the least of your concerns. Seriously, think about that for a minute.

What it really comes down to is common sense. I've been on Lake George for nearly 25 years, and I have a lot of experience on a lot of very fast boats. I've never received a ticket or a warning, but I've seen my cousin get a warning for driving too fast through the narrows. There are certainly plenty of areas of the lake that are great for opening up the throttle and enjoying your boat, and I think the police realize this. This obviously calls for some common sense and discretion on your part. Don't be driving aggressively during peak times of the season, and don't go flying through the narrows. It's called the narrows for a reason: it's a bottleneck filled with islands that can become very congested with boat traffic, in addition to any campers you can expect to see swimming or kayaking around the islands. And please, don't go flying through log bay at 75mph to show off, because its just flat out dangerous. Quite honestly, would you really want to be driving around a crowded lake at WOT on 4th of July weekend, even if there was no speed limit?

I realize that - to many - the speed limit may seem annoying and ultimately unnecessary, but please keep in mind that the limit was not introduced to prevent you from enjoying your boat. While exercising common sense may be second nature to many, there will always be those who will conduct themselves without such discretion on the water. There are plenty of idiots that go to Lake George every year and cause problems, and those idiots are the reason these rules must be in place. On any given day you can see them out, especially around holiday weekends when the lake is most crowded.

Does this mean that you are bound to the speed limit because of said idiots? That decision is for you to make, but the bottom line is that there is a time and a place. Lake George Patrol is not stationed all over the lake to pull you over the moment you exceed 45MPH, should you choose to do so. If you are mindful of the time and place, and act safely and responsibly, it is very unlikely that the LG patrol will give you a hard time. However, if you're speeding through the narrows on a crowded holiday weekend, there's a good chance that you will get a ticket.

Someone posted a pic of a 160MPH Skater. It’s called King Sting, and the owner – who also has an OL 42GTX with 850's - has been on the lake a lot longer than I have. Lake George is also home to several race teams. The point is, they can figure it out, and they don't seem to have any problems. Performance Marine does a demonstration run every spring, and they do so with the support of the Lake George Patrol. As a result, I can promise you that the police are very aware of the capabilities of many of the power boats on the lake, but they still allow us to enjoy our boats. I'm not leaving anytime soon, and I plan on continuing to have the time of my life at the lake.

I apologize for the length of this post, and if you've made it through the whole thing I congratulate you! If any members are on the lake at anytime and happen to see my Cigarette, please stop to say hi! I'd love to get to know as many people as I can from here!

Greg Guimond
06-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Good post. I have zero problem with the ecological rules, if you don't protect stuff it won't be there in the future for our kids. On the 45mph speed limit, I also see that making sense for a wide variety of reasons and I respect those. That said, with the limited time I get to use my boats, it is just not appealing for me personally to have a limit. It also sounds like there are a lot of big money 80-100mph V's and Cats on the lake, so I suspect if you have been a Lake George "tenured resident" you get to use the secret handshake and get a pass on the speed limit so you can run your boats potential on occasion.

Carl C
06-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I'd really be afraid of getting a speed or noise ticket on Lake George and having to post a large bond on the spot. When we have the Great Lakes so close by with no noise or speed limits and so many cool ports and destinations and beautiful locations . . . . . Well, it's a no brainer. Lake George isn't the only one with kayakers and divers and blow boaters etc. All of our inland and Great lakes have those too. Just give them some room. Our largest nearby inland lake, Orchard Lake, has a 45 mph speed limit and performance boats steer clear of it. We have plenty of other inland lakes with the standard 55 mph limit and that is rarely enforced. You guys know the lake and what and where you can get away with skirting the laws. Newbies don't have a clue.

Conquistador_del_mar
06-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Excellent post Derek.
Do you pick "off" days to run your 20' Cig? Like during the week instead of the busy weekends? Bill

Ghost
06-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Sounds like perhaps there is some reasonable discretion being practiced, which is good. But I will say I think it's a shame that they don't add a few markers to just designate areas with 45 mph limits and those without, just as with 6 mph zones. Also, we've had Sat-Sun-holiday restrictions my whole life, those would make sense too. Never a fan of "everyone's guilty and the police get to pick on anyone they (don't) like." That only works until it doesn't, then you have a real mess on your hands. Crossing my fingers for all involved.

mattyboy
06-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Great post Derek. I think most here missed Dereks point it is not about being a local with the secret handshake it is more about responsible boating and knowing where you are on the lake.

this happens on a daily basis by millions of New Yorkers on the interstate system most traffic moves along well above the speed limit and there are not a million tickets written every day. most traffic on the NYS thruway moves along at 10 mph above the posted 55 or 65 mph limit and as long as you are not driving like a azzhat changing lanes tailgating using the shoulder passing on the right or running in the left lane with the middle and right open the troopers barely notice.

Funny some of the fastest runs I have seen have been on Lake George Mighty mouse as seen triple digits on numerous occasions and the owners were not locals. I have seen woodies run into the 90s.

If you know your boat is loud and you decide to launch at a state run launch expect to get tested, drive like a nimrod at 80 5 feet off shore or thru a sailboat race expect a ticket. Most just use normal responsible boating sense and slip in mufflers to enjoy the Queen of American Lakes.

Derek hope to see the cig this fall

Carl glad you like where you boat so enjoy your sandbox and stop pissing in ours

Ghost
06-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Great post Derek. I think most here missed Dereks point it is not about being a local with the secret handshake it is more about responsible boating and knowing where you are on the lake.

this happens on a daily basis by millions of New Yorkers on the interstate system most traffic moves along well above the speed limit and there are not a million tickets written every day. most traffic on the NYS thruway moves along at 10 mph above the posted 55 or 65 mph limit and as long as you are not driving like a azzhat changing lanes tailgating using the shoulder passing on the right or running in the left lane with the middle and right open the troopers barely notice.

Funny some of the fastest runs I have seen have been on Lake George Mighty mouse as seen triple digits on numerous occasions and the owners were not locals. I have seen woodies run into the 90s.

If you know your boat is loud and you decide to launch at a state run launch expect to get tested, drive like a nimrod at 80 5 feet off shore or thru a sailboat race expect a ticket. Most just use normal responsible boating sense and slip in mufflers to enjoy the Queen of American Lakes.

Carl glad you like where you boat so enjoy your sandbox and stop pissing in ours

"Most here"?

jtr2kwl
06-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Good post. I have zero problem with the ecological rules, if you don't protect stuff it won't be there in the future for our kids. On the 45mph speed limit, I also see that making sense for a wide variety of reasons and I respect those. That said, with the limited time I get to use my boats, it is just not appealing for me personally to have a limit. It also sounds like there are a lot of big money 80-100mph V's and Cats on the lake, so I suspect if you have been a Lake George "tenured resident" you get to use the secret handshake and get a pass on the speed limit so you can run your boats potential on occasion.

I can't say that there's a "secret handshake," and in all honesty I don't know any of the patrol at all.

However, I would recommend that if you're visiting lake george, when you go to buy your lake george pass, just get the season pass. It's only about $30 for a 20ish foot boat, which shouldn't be too much more than a temporary pass, and I think it should definitely help you out. Again, just a recommendation that may or may not have worked for me in the past! :biggrin.:

jtr2kwl
06-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Excellent post Derek.
Do you pick "off" days to run your 20' Cig? Like during the week instead of the busy weekends? Bill

I don't really pick off days to run the cig, I'm out on the lake whenever and as often I can get up there. You can bet that I will be blasting around the lake for 4th of july!

jtr2kwl
06-27-2014, 03:36 PM

Couldn't agree more, Matt. It's not a secret handshake, its not even being a local. I don't live there so I can't consider myself a local, but I do spend as much time as possible there. And the highway analogy is a perfect comparison!

Again, as a recommendation to all, rather than just buy a temporary lake george sticker, get the SEASONAL one. It's only about $30, and that is definitely something they will look for. When I first bought my boat I didn't have proper regi numbers on it, but having that sticker was certainly helpful.

As for speeds, I can neither confirm nor deny that I may have experienced triple digits on the real LG on many occasions.

Would love for everyone to see the Cig now that much of the work is done! With that said, if you or anyone else is in the area, feel free to stop by at performance marine to check it out. When I'm not up there, I've been dropping it off to leave at performance so a few things can be worked on when they have the time.

ted z
06-28-2014, 06:09 AM
My family and I were at the lake with our 18 for the better part of last week,with awesome weather I must say, and used Norwals......The inspection took almost 45 seconds and we run the boat 60's almost daily and have never had a problem.But I can honestly say we don't do it in the narrows or between other boaters in places like Bolton Landing area.

Carl C
06-28-2014, 07:35 AM
"Carl glad you like where you boat so enjoy your sandbox and stop pissing in ours"

Matty, I am not "pissing in your sandbox". I'm also not bringing a loud 85 mph boat to an out of state lake with strict rules. Nor will I put it in our local and beautiful Orchard Lake. I know the inland lakes where I can run fast and loud and I can do it legally on the Great Lakes. Those inspections are not going to keep the zebra mussels out BTW. So enjoy your "queen of lakes" and I will enjoy Michigan's many Kings.

mattyboy
06-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Carl that's great you like where you boat . So you don't want to come to lake george that's great too just have seen you comment on this an other forums bashing and bitching about the noise or speed limits on the lake a lake you have never been to. There are several groups who run successful and enjoyable power boat events on the lake and all who attend seem to enjoy it without any hassles.

Ted z

yeah I guess they had the plan worked out pretty well. I guess I also assumed something that they are not going to do clean the whole boat. Where did you stay? My nephew is renting a house up there in July he taking his boat which has been in my lake for about a month. I told him it needs to be spotless . My lake has a high algae content and it puts a hurting on the hull. It has been bad this year and for the first time in 20 years they have treated the lake with herbicides.

So I can understand the need to stay out in front of the issue and proact instead of react.

ted z
06-28-2014, 12:48 PM
We camp on East Dollar 3-4 times a summer for 4-5 days at a time.We have been there for dust off once or twice but haven't participated. We are back beginning of August, 8th weekend, for a guys trip. Our lake Hapatcong is really green so we rack it.

mattyboy
06-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Ted

I am over in Greenwood lake both lakes seems to be suffering from the same weed problem

Greg Guimond
06-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Bring your boats to the Hudson River. Now algae or weed issues to deal with. Brackish, Fresh or Salt, take your pick! Actually, that's such a good idea The Mule and I are ............:outtahere: