PDA

View Full Version : The 19th LGDCC Spring Dust-Off

mattyboy
03-30-2014, 04:08 PM
The 19th LGDCC Dust-Off June 13-15th 2014 (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/events/Event.Detail.asp?id=709724002)

mattyboy
04-27-2014, 06:03 PM
permit filed

t shirt in progress

make your reservations now

this is really not a concern with most donzi owners they are neat freaks but it will add some time to your launch routine. new regulations for trailered vessels on Lake George. You will want to read up and know what location you will use for inspection

http://lgboatinspections.com/

mattyboy
05-14-2014, 08:42 AM
The early discount registration and the event registration deadlines are approaching. If you plan on attending get your registration in. We need to have a count for the paperwork on the run permit and for the Restaurant for the awards dinner. Thank You

The registration form can be found here (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/reg.pdf)

everyone will have to know , Please remember a PFD for everyone who is in your boat

Our safety procedures (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pdfs/Safety.pdf)

after this winter looking for some time in the boat cya up there.

mphatc
05-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Matty,

Are other D Aronow designs allowed to attend? We're thinking of coming out with the Magnum 27

Mario L. ex Donzi owner

Scott Pearson
05-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Mario,
The Dust-Off is limited to Donzi Classic's only at this time however our Fall Picnic is open to all Thunderboat Row models. The Fall Picnic well be held September 5th-6th and we would love to have you attend and bring the Magnum.

You are still more than welcome to come over for the Dust-Off and enjoy the Classics!

Thanks

Just Say N20
05-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Mario,
The Dust-Off is limited to Donzi Classic's only !

Thanks

Additional clarification requested.

Classics = Ski-Sporter, Classic 16 I./O & outboard, Classic X-18, Classic 18 2+3, Classic 22.

Not Classic = Hornet 19, Hornet 21, Bench Seat Hornet, GT-21, St. Tropez, Criterion (all), 14' Donzi Baby, any of the newer ZX, ZR and "family" Donzis of more recent vintage.

Would you shuffle these around so the list is correct?

Thanks!

Scott Pearson
05-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Sorry...Let me make myself a bit more clear.
And not with the exclamation point that I was quoted with…....that I did not have in my original post to Mario. If your going to "Quote" me. Please quote me correctly.

Bill...if you go to our web site the classic model list is posted.

Thanks!

mattyboy
05-27-2014, 04:49 PM
the LGDCC model list of all "Classics" featured on the club's website is broken out by LOA starting with the 8 footers up to the 28 footer look on the right side and find your classic by LOA

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/pages/Modals.asp

That list is also the eligibility list for full membership in the club and to participate in the dustoff.

As Scott as said the fall picnic Welcomes all Donzi models and all models with Aronow or Thunderboat row heritage to participate.

mphatc
05-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Thank you for the clarification. We were going to be in the area for a family w/e, so I was hoping to find an escape - distraction from boring stuff..... :boggled:.:)

I'll mark my calendar for fall.....but can't commit.

thank you,
Mario

Just Say N20
05-27-2014, 09:43 PM
Got it. Thanks for the link Matty. :)

Scott Pearson
05-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Mario,
Head on over that weekend and come take a few boat rides! We will have plenty of boats there with lots of room. Hope you can make it!

mattyboy
05-29-2014, 03:52 PM
event registration deadline is this weekend make sure you get yours in.

Kirbyvv
06-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Raining today (Friday), but looks to be a great weekend on lake George for the Dust Off.

jl1962
06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Got a few hours in this afternoon between the raindrops.

Had the lake to myself until Steve showed up with the Blackhawk!

More rain tonight and then awesome through the weekend.

jl1962
06-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Just back from another great Dust-Off!

Friday - Rain stopped around 2PM. Got a few hours in - had the lake to myself. Dinner at the Lakeside, caught Jason and Johnny's band down the road afterwards. Rained all night - great sleeping - windows open!

Saturday- A really good run. No break downs and we all stayed together. Again, calm, clear, didn't see another boat until we got back to the Algonquin for lunch. Long boat ride after lunch w/ Rob (father and son), a little breezy by then. Sat in the sun long enough to warm up and jump in the lake. Felt great! Dinner back at the A.

Sunday - a nice long run with two groups of boats. Got to show off the Northern Basin again. Had a nice Father's Day chat w/ one of the LG Patrol - (some of us were going a little fast) all good! Back on the trailer by 1 pm, home in time for a cookout.

Weather, work and mechanical issues kept at least a half dozen regulars at home, but we still had 15 boats participating at various times. Several new faces and at least 4 teenagers driving Dad's Donzis! Driving them quite well too!

Big thanks to Scott and Tammy and to Matty and Marie (in absentia) for all the hard work over the years. If you consider yourself a Donzi enthusiast and have not been to an event - you owe it to yourself. You will learn a lot more about your boat, Donzi heritage and whatever body of water you happen to be on. And you'll probably meet some nice people too! Can't wait till next year.

While some of us took quite a lot of pictures, I only took a few. I got to say goodbye to Old Red (seen here getting a spring tune-up) after 8 great summers. The new owner will get the boat next week. It isn't going too far and hopefully we'll see it back on LG one day. And I got better acquainted w/ Sonic Blue! WoW!

All good!

79873 79872

Scott Pearson
06-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Another great Dust-off has come to an end. Thank you to everyone who joined us for this great event! The weather cleared out for us early Saturday morning and it turned out to be an amazing weekend. Its was great seeing old friends and making new ones. Thanks to Jay and Kirby for all your help!
Thank you to Twin Bay Village! Tonya, Tamara, Victor and Andrew for making all of us feel at home. Cant wait till the picnic!
Thank you to the Algonquin Restaurant for always hosting our event and filling our belly's with amazing food. Thanks Flo and Keith!
Mark your calenders for the Fall Picnic!