PDA

View Full Version : Uship hauling

Conquistador_del_mar
03-24-2014, 02:09 AM
While it is fresh on my mind, I thought it was worth mentioning Uship as a viable method of transporting a boat for whatever reason you might have. Although I just had my first problem with a hauler not showing up to pick up a boat, overall I have had great luck using Uship to haul boats. You should never have to pay more than $1/mile as long as it is not something huge. In my book, it is impossible to justify a long drive to pick up a boat and make the return trip when a hauler will do it for so little, especially when considering time, wear and tear, fuel, lodging, and potential hazards. Just a quick thought I wanted to pass along in case anyone here needs something hauled.

woobs
03-24-2014, 05:12 AM
I agree. I used Uship to bring my Classic 18 from Seattle, WA to Toronto, Ontario. It was fast and inexpensive. I could not have met the owner half way and paid less in gas, let alone my time/hotel etc...

fegettes
03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
+ one. I totally agree. I used U-Ship and had my boat transported cheaper than what I could have, plus, I didn't have to take off of work.

Steve

BUIZILLA
03-24-2014, 11:04 AM
I have used Uship 11 times for 3 boats and 3 motorcycles and 5 cars, good results so far for personal items.. :crossfing:

I have used Montway exclusively for about 25-30 new cars for export relocation purposes, definately negotiable people there... LOL.... in fact I have a Porsche Cayman being delivered here later today

f_inscreenname
03-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Do they just haul your trailer or do they put it on their truck/trailer?

I ask because I know of a boat I want but he trailer would never make the trip.

Conquistador_del_mar
03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Do they just haul your trailer or do they put it on their truck/trailer?

I ask because I know of a boat I want but he trailer would never make the trip.

In your case, you would put flatbed trailer as your preference on bids since the trailer under the boat would not make the trip. The hauler would load the boat and trailer on to his flatbed trailer for the haul.

smidgen too
03-25-2014, 12:41 AM
Bill we used uship [J Danial Marine] to haul the Cary from your neighborhood to Michigan, all was good.

tiupc
03-25-2014, 07:19 AM
I agree. I used Uship to bring my Classic 18 from Seattle, WA to Toronto, Ontario. It was fast and inexpensive. I could not have met the owner half way and paid less in gas, let alone my time/hotel etc...

|Hi Sean,

How did you handle the paper work for getting the boat across the border ?

Thanks
Trevor
Markham

woobs
03-25-2014, 11:34 AM
I hired a customs agent and they sent the paperwork to the carrier and the border crossing... easy peasy.