PDA

View Full Version : Good mechanic around Sarasota?

JamesT
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Hello folks. Have had the boat parked for awhile due to personal issues.Anyhow, I've finally decided to start messing with her again and I'm looking for a good mechanic around the Sarasota area. I have a 2001 22zx with the 350 mpi mag. The first order is an alpha to bravo conversion. Yes I am aware of SEI and while I must say they have an impeccable warranty,and they do stand behind their product (think i grenaded 4) my warranty is up and I'm tired of breaking down. If anybody could point me in the direction of a good mechanic in the area I would be much obliged.

Mr X
03-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Hi James.
If you are swapping out to a Bravo drive, the engine needs to come out AND a new Bravo transom assy needs to be installed to accommodate the Bravo drive. Also A few things need to be added to the engine, as the Bravo drive does not have a self contained water pump. NOT an easy or small job.

JamesT
03-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Hi James.
If you are swapping out to a Bravo drive, the engine needs to come out AND a new Bravo transom assy needs to be installed to accommodate the Bravo drive. Also A few things need to be added to the engine, as the Bravo drive does not have a self contained water pump. NOT an easy or small job. Thats why i am looking for a good mechanic. I've pulled the motor and put it back by myself once,and it was a pain in the ass. My old mechanic in SC (where i currently lived) told me it would take him around 9-10 hours to do.And he guesstimated it around $900.To me that was a hell of a deal, cause I would charge wayyyy more to do it. But I'm not in SC any more.I already have the drive and the transom assembly. Just need someone to do the dirty work:banghead: