PDA

View Full Version : My Last Project for a While 1969 Chris Craft

Sweet Cheekz
03-14-2014, 06:06 PM
I have spent the past two and a half years, since the completion of my 21 GT redoing this boat. First photos of what it looked like when I we bought it. Parnell

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/parnellolson/slideshow/The%20Wendy%20Maria%20Original%20Pics

duckhunter
03-14-2014, 06:15 PM
She's a classy girl! So you went from a 16, to a 21, to a 38? You don't mess around with the 2 foot-itis.

Looking forward to the refurb pictures.

Sweet Cheekz
03-14-2014, 06:31 PM
She's a classy girl! So you went from a 16, to a 21, to a 38? You don't mess around with the 2 foot-itis.

Thanks for the nice comment She is a classic anyways. FYI I went from a 41 Saber to a 16 Donzi so no logic to my foot-itis
SC

Carl C
03-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Do you still have the 16 and 21?

Sweet Cheekz
03-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Both safely tucked away and awaiting spring

scippy
03-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Hey Parn!

I think the last time we spoke you mentioned acquiring the Chris-Craft and how it would be a lenghty undertaking.
Ford FE 427's Nice!!.......what condition? - Great boat to undertake a full restoration -Can't wait to see more pics!
In pic 6/30 is that you 27' magnun beside the Chris-Craft?....................Good luck with everything!

Sweet Cheekz
03-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Hey Parn!

I think the last time we spoke you mentioned acquiring the Chris-Craft and how it would be a lenghty undertaking.
Ford FE 427's Nice!!.......what condition? - Great boat to undertake a full restoration -Can't wait to see more pics!
In pic 6/30 is that you 27' magnun beside the Chris-Craft?....................Good luck with everything!

Hey Scippy Good to hear from you. I hope your project continues. Thats the maggie but after this one Im retired for a good long time.
those motors are really cool i have to say.
Ill have the next bunch up soon. Its almost there and I cant wait

OFFSHORE GINGER
03-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Parn L@@LING G@@D ,and when do you think the ole girl will be ready for her first shake down , and how have you been this Winter ?

Sweet Cheekz
03-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Parn L@@LING G@@D ,and when do you think the ole girl will be ready for her first shake down , and how have you been this Winter ?

Hey Artie
Thanks for the kind words, she has twenty hours on her last fall so she already knows how to run nice. Just finishing trim and all the little details I let slide to get her in the water for coast guard festival last August.
Hope all is well

Sweet Cheekz
03-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Some restoration pics

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/parnellolson/slideshow/The%20Wendy%20Maria%20Restoration%20Pics

katanna
03-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Looks great! Nothing beats the lines of a classic Chris.
One complaint, I dont approve of the Magnum being used as scaffolding and a work bench :p

jl1962
03-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Looks great Parnell.
You always do nice work.

But your signature line says "two junkers to go."
What else are you hiding?
;)

Can't wait to see more.

OFFSHORE GINGER
03-19-2014, 02:38 PM
But your signature line says "two junkers to go."
What else are you hiding?
;)

I also would like to know hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . LOL ;)

Craig S
03-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Nice Commander! And they have a super website.:wink:

Sweet Cheekz
03-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Thanks Guys
I am not taking this off the junker list till I finish it which is by May 1 Then I have one 27 Magnum left. That is a long way from being started as I have now dedicated myself to boating after the past ten years of construction projects.
Time for a cigar and a cocktail on the water
Parnell

damm-magnum1
03-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks Guys
I am not taking this off the junker list till I finish it which is by May 1 Then I have one 27 Magnum left. That is a long way from being started as I have now dedicated myself to boating after the past ten years of construction projects.
Time for a cigar and a cocktail on the water
Parnell

Parnell

The Chris looks great and the your work is top shelf for sure

Do you still have the Plum Crazy Magnum?

Hope the winter has been good to you
sounds like it will still stick around for a while there?

Thank you
Jim

Sweet Cheekz
03-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Jim
Thanks
I am looking forward to finishing it so I can post the after pics. Its pretty different from what I started with.
Plum Crazy is the only Magnum I have left. Its the one they cut the deck off if I remember correctly and its still in my shop I havent done anything for two years on it but actually I probably have 50-100 hours into it already and once I get back on it things will move along quickly I believe.
Thats not gonna be for a while though. Snow and Ice still melting over here so another month before I think of going boating. Hope all is well
Parnell

damm-magnum1
03-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Jim
Thanks
I am looking forward to finishing it so I can post the after pics. Its pretty different from what I started with.
Plum Crazy is the only Magnum I have left. Its the one they cut the deck off if I remember correctly and its still in my shop I havent done anything for two years on it but actually I probably have 50-100 hours into it already and once I get back on it things will move along quickly I believe.
Thats not gonna be for a while though. Snow and Ice still melting over here so another month before I think of going boating. Hope all is well
Parnell

Parnell
Great,, Glad to see that the Plum Crazy Sport is still in your most capable talented hands for future renovation.

Things for me are at a stand still as I am in the process of looking for a new job position. not easy as we get up there in age.

Hope the ice melts soon for you and you can get boating ,, looking forward to see the Plum Crazy completed in the future

Best regards
Jim