PDA

View Full Version : new classic steering wheel

geage
03-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Ill take some of that global warming right about now ,ive been hunkered down fixing a couple of fiberglass issues , cleaned the tank and ran a new stainless fuel line, and picked up a new wheel79001 just hoping the weather comes soon

jl1962
03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Nice wheel/insert!

se7en
03-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Can you tell me where you got the wheel please ? I'm after one also.

geage
03-13-2014, 04:41 PM
thanks the wheel is from rex marine's web site its a Covico 14 1/2 '' stainless #243116w 85.99$ , I forget if it came with a center cap or if it was extra ,the cap I have didnt come from rex

gcarter
03-13-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm certainly not telling you how to run fuel lines, nor do I know what your level of experience you have, but when someone mentions fuel and SST, it gets my attention.
SST hasn't been the best choice for gasoline lines or gasoline tanks. If I may suggest at least use double flares on the tubing ends.
Cool looking wheel! :)

mattyboy
03-13-2014, 06:14 PM
great looking wheel and hub

yes rex marine is the place to get them

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=covico3bolt

the wheel pictured looks flat , it could just be the angle of the pic, is it a standard dish ?

geage
03-13-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm certainly not telling you how to run fuel lines, nor do I know what your level of experience you have, but when someone mentions fuel and SST, it gets my attention.
SST hasn't been the best choice for gasoline lines or gasoline tanks. If I may suggest at least use double flares on the tubing ends.
'' I use swagelok high press tubing and fittings, the stuff is really nice ,'' its used in nucular power plants, alien space ships and gas fired vibrators :jestera:

geage
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
great looking wheel and hub

yes rex marine is the place to get them

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=covico3bolt

the wheel pictured looks flat , it could just be the angle of the pic, is it a standard dish ?

yup its the angle ,its a standard dish,

johnnywhale
03-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Cool looking wheel! :)

If you use stainless tubing with AN fittings it is single flared, but the tool to swage the tubing is $$$$.
Also, if anyone is interested, I have a used OEM wheel from my Donzi. The white is dingy, I didn't try to clean it. Free to a good home!
email johnywhale (at) aol.com can send pics this weekend, I'll have to find it.

zipper
03-13-2014, 09:29 PM
You should have a PM in you're mailbox & also sent an email

se7en
03-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks for telling me where to get a wheel from and thanks for posting a link, I've emailed them to see if they ship over seas, I'm in the U.K.

JimG
03-15-2014, 06:53 AM
Your boat looks great!