PDA

View Full Version : Volvo AQ X dimension????

mattyboy
02-11-2014, 12:54 PM
ok so it looks like over the years the AQ family of outdrives changed a bit and the drive legs were a tad longer
as they progressed from the 200 250 270 280 and 290. It looks like many older boats fitted with the aq 200 drive originally from the factory now have newer 270 280 legs hung from the 200 transom housing and the new legs are longer making the anti ventilation plate deeper than it should be. the plate on a stock factory installation is usually even with the keel. My hornet has a newer 280PT bolted up to what was originally a AQ 200 transom plate the 280 leg is about an inch or so longer than a 200 leg so my anti ventilation plate is about an inch or so to low.

Does anyone have the template or specs on where the X should be or where the transom housing cut out should be?

mattyboy
02-12-2014, 09:28 AM
so does anyone know the transom angle on a

hornet??

those crazy Swedes it is not X dimension it is the S measurement

TXDONZI
04-21-2014, 11:40 PM
I have a template or 2 around here someplace. I think they are 280 and 270 if I'm not mistaking. If I can find them I will try and get them scanned on a D size drafting drawing scanner. I got them from someone one here I think Forest possibly. I was looking for a DPX template to set one up and still am. I may have got them from C-Spray on OSO since he is the one I got my 2 drives from but it seems I got them later when looking to set them up.

I have a 280PT as well but its on a Kona 21 hull and is set low because of the rub rail I believe. If I remember right its a bit lower (an inch or so) than the keel too.

mattyboy
04-22-2014, 08:01 AM
Thanks
I did find the template and it looks like they wanted the anti cav plate a tad lower than the keel