PDA

View Full Version : Lake Dora at Tavares is approching again. 2014

bertsboat
02-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Please join us for the 27th Annual Sunnyland Boat Festival on Lake Dora in Tavares, Florida. The Show is from March 28-30th at Wooten Park in Tavares, Florida. Please see the Sunnyland Website at www.acbs-sunnyland.org for registration and more information. Click on the Boat Festival Page. This year we are featuring Correct Craft Boats!

If your interested in showing off your classic 14, 16, 18, or 19 (Classic style) Donzi please post here and 2 weeks before the event I will try to line up a row of slips so we can all be together. I tried to organize this last year and a total of three of us showed up with boats. Buzilla, Royce and myself and. This year the featured boat is Correct Craft. If we show some interest maybe some day the featured boat might be Donzi.
My email is bertsboat@mindspring.com You will have to join the ACBS Sunnyland chapter to enter the show. Not expensive and there are some benefits, like discounts on rooms and insurance etc.

VetteLT193
02-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Is there space somewhere for newer boats? I'd like to go but don't have a classic. The zxo could be a fun bus for many of us though

bertsboat
02-13-2014, 08:55 AM
March 28-30 2014
Have a 16" 1976 Sweet 16 so far
My 14' Baby too.
Visit www.acbs-sunnyland.org click on "boat festival" at top and register. If your a member it's $40.00 to enter. If not you will have to join the ACBS and the Sunniland chapter and thats an extra $70.00.
If not just drive up and join us for the event.

BUIZILLA
02-13-2014, 08:59 AM
i'll do my best to be there, and bring the 16ob again :cool:

gcarter
02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Well, I'll be there...Duh! Unless I'm in the hospital or out of town. I'm not planning on either of those.
The question is will the TR be ready. It should. I've just been short of a lot of working time lately.

Some guys from the Mid-West contacted me and are coming.

bertsboat
02-14-2014, 07:39 AM
Thanks Carl, I know if anyone from this site will be there I know you will be there. And I look forward to the show that you will be answering all the questions about your build. The dock will be crowded and I hope I am near you to catch all the overflow.
see you there and lots more fellow Donzi lovers too.

lets go for a ride this time.

bertsboat
03-18-2014, 08:43 PM
There is always a few donzi's at this event. Who is planing to come for the week end? The Tavares show is the weekend after this.
redalert AKA Bill will be there with his little F14 and a few surprise guests Along side the 14 Baby and another friend is bringing his sweet 16. fino will be there giving rides all week end and competing with the Riva's.
Can't wait. Going to be a blast. Come on fellows. Let's turn this show into a Donzi show! At least plan to drive up. Hopefully the weather will be good. Pray for no wind or rain!

Ed Donnelly
03-18-2014, 11:31 PM
I will be visiting for sure...Ed

Tidbart
03-19-2014, 07:36 AM
I should be there. Not sure if I will be bringing the ride or not, but we will see.

B

BUIZILLA
03-19-2014, 07:52 AM
i'll be there with my 16 OB

how's the canal level GC?

gcarter
03-19-2014, 10:27 AM
i'll be there with my 16 OB

how's the canal level GC?

We've been getting quite a bit of rain, particularly for this time of year.
I'd assume it's adequate.

My Canuck friend, Mr Donnelly, will be staying at Casa Carter in beautiful downtown Lady Lake.

OFFSHORE GINGER
03-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Wow that 14 footer is such a cool looking boat is there any more pics , side view's , motor , ( power ) etc .

smidgen too
03-20-2014, 09:41 AM
There is always a few donzi's at this event. Who is planing to come for the week end? The Tavares show is the weekend after this.
redalert AKA Bill will be there with his little F14 and a few surprise guests Along side the 14 Baby and another friend is bringing his sweet 16. fino will be there giving rides all week end and competing with the Riva's.
Can't wait. Going to be a blast. Come on fellows. Let's turn this show into a Donzi show! At least plan to drive up. Hopefully the weather will be good. Pray for no wind or rain!

Bills wagon is all set to pick up his latest addition to his Donzi collection, we finished up the trailer hitch & wiring yesterday.
Burt,, Bill, Jeff Hall [the ice man from Minnesota] & I are ready for the ultimate road trip to Lake Dora & south Florida with many stops along the way..

olredalert
03-20-2014, 10:18 AM
----Cant wait to hit the road!!! Bert, The props are already packed.......Bill S

woobs
03-20-2014, 10:25 AM
I have been dying to get to this show for some time... albeit with my "woodyboat".
It is definitely on the bucket list but, sadly it's not on this years list.

Who knows, it possible the Ski Sporter may be ready before I am... and it may be that boat that breaks my maiden at lake Dora???

CHACHI
03-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Ed, make sure you ask for Lane's fried grits.

Just sayin'

Ken

bertsboat
03-27-2014, 06:52 AM
Cool article
www.woodyboater.com

get there early. Weather will change after 3:00 Friday and Saturday.

see you there

redalert, Magnum Mark and Jeff are on their way!

woobs
03-27-2014, 05:02 PM
Cool article
www.woodyboater.com (http://www.woodyboater.com) get there early. Weather will change after 3:00 Friday and Saturday. see you there redalert, Magnum Mark and Jeff are on their way!

I'm a Woodyboater (daily) regular. A great bunch over there!

Phil S
03-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Will anyone be at this event on Sunday ? I'll be getting to Ormond Beach around 5pm Saturday and thinking of driving over to Tavares Sunday.

gcarter
03-28-2014, 05:39 AM
Will anyone be at this event on Sunday ? I'll be getting to Ormond Beach around 5pm Saturday and thinking of driving over to Tavares Sunday.

Should be some there Sunday. Bob (Tidbart) mentioned to me he might go on Sunday.
My cell is 352-267-9801, give me a call, I may go on Sunday.

Phil S
03-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Will do George...thanks. We may get there earlier Sat. and try for Saturday afternoon.