PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE KNOW anything about Maxed Out Marine

need for speed
01-22-2014, 11:11 PM
found a new toy out west, does anyone know these guys at Maxed Out Marine? in AZ? LOOKING FOR A report so I can skip having to fly out and see if the are on the level

Greg Guimond
01-23-2014, 10:07 AM
They are a little unique as are many things in Havasu. I believe in some cases they are taking the owners boat on consignment, and in some cases they are the actual owner. I checked on a boat there with pretty serious interest maybe 6-9 months ago and dealt with Rick who I think owns Maxed Out. As I got into some details I found that he did not understand what he was selling 100%. Good guy, just not on the details. I'm not sure the price point of the rig you are looking at, but in general I'd suggest that you take the flight BUT be sure that you are going right to the lake for a sea-trial of some length. If the rig is smaller, maybe you don't need to go or can have someone on the board here who lives there put a set of eyeballs on it.

Just my .02

fegettes
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Sorry, don't know anything about Maxed Out Marine, but, definitely an excellent opportunity to check out Lake Havasu.

Steve

need for speed
01-23-2014, 02:38 PM
They are a little unique as are many things in Havasu. I believe in some cases they are taking the owners boat on consignment, and in some cases they are the actual owner. I checked on a boat there with pretty serious interest maybe 6-9 months ago and dealt with Rick who I think owns Maxed Out. As I got into some details I found that he did not understand what he was selling 100%. Good guy, just not on the details. I'm not sure the price point of the rig you are looking at, but in general I'd suggest that you take the flight BUT be sure that you are going right to the lake for a sea-trial of some length. If the rig is smaller, maybe you don't need to go or can have someone on the board here who lives there put a set of eyeballs on it.

Just my .02

.. thanks he has this 1989 24 formula with original crazy low hours in super shape but I am 2500 miles away thinking to buy it sight unseen :eek:

BUIZILLA
01-23-2014, 04:14 PM
I had the EXACT year and color 242SS, same power..... didn't have it long.... wayyyyyy too much vinyl and velour for salt water use IMO, but a great boat for FW use, just a solid comfy classy ride, wasn't a rocket, but a great cruiser.... looking at the engine room pic's I am VERY suspect of the burnt transom gel above each exhaust outlet, maybe it overheated from lack of water flow at some point? call me if you wanna chat about it.

need for speed
01-23-2014, 05:42 PM
I did see that transom burn , have seen them on a few io boats but this one looks a tad more crisp then most lol... yes I would nt put it in salt plan to take it to r summer place in the thousand islands this summer, know nothing about the broker, I called a local Merc dealer and they are set to go check on the 454's heart rate and things in am, it does looks crazy clean from 2500 miles away lol folks had the same boat back In 89 but the palm beach colors... what a boat back then.. and looks like the exhaust manifolds have a weep so they need to be changed anyways

need for speed
01-24-2014, 05:03 PM
my new project is on the way...

yeller
01-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Nice looking boat. Congrats!
I bought mine site unseen also. Sometimes you just have to take the chance.

Greg Guimond
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
my new project is on the way...

Some serious entry deadrise on that hull. Congrats, let us know how the experience when you are all done with it and splash the boat.

BUIZILLA
01-26-2014, 09:40 PM
my 242SS/330/B1 was a much better riding boat than my 252BR/310/B3 was

CHACHI
01-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Good luck with the new boat.

I will keep a eye out for it at A-Bay this summer.

Ken

need for speed
01-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Good luck with the new boat.

I will keep a eye out for it at A-Bay this summer.

Ken

will have to try and hook up this summer!:yes:

undertaker
01-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Trailer looks nice but would look better if it was replaced with a MYCO :pimp::shades:

Good luck with the boat looks real clean, maybe we will see you up at A-Bay this summer, we will be up mid June....

Undertaker:biggrin.:

BUIZILLA
01-29-2014, 09:28 AM
there's a nearly new, freshwater, 65hr, 502-415hp, takeout, complete, on Powerboat Swap for $4500........ :D

Ed Donnelly
01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Hope to see you at 1,000 Islands sometime this summer...Ed

CHACHI
01-29-2014, 11:38 AM
will have to try and hook up this summer!:yes:

Are you up all summer, or just a couple of weeks at a time?

need for speed
01-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Most of the summer back and forth a few dozen times ;)

need for speed
01-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Looking for this new motor on motor swap ..., hmmm maybe