PDA

View Full Version : My new play toy...........

John C in PA
01-11-2014, 09:11 PM
........2014 Triumph Thruxton. Classic Cafe Racer style. I need to remember to not drive like I did the last time I threw a leg over (30+years ago).

John C

Ghost
01-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Nice! That's beautiful!

gcarter
01-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Nice bike.

Elaine has a problem w/me owning a bike. We're working on it......
It's probably a good thing she didn't know me 40 plus years ago.

John C in PA
01-12-2014, 12:51 PM
George, all it "cost" me was to get my wife another dog. A rescue Maltese mix. Then she was the one who said "buy the bike now". Happy Wife, Happy Life ;^) .

John C

Ed Donnelly
01-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Its going to be REALLY warm Monday
Why not break it in by riding to TO and visit??

You would be amazed how many people ride their bikes in Toronto year round..Ed

John C in PA
01-12-2014, 07:06 PM

Oh sure. So you can let your cop pals at the border crossing to give me a cavity search-and I don't mean my teeth? I think I may put spikes on the bike tires and take a shortcut across the lake.

John C

younger
01-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Nice ride, enjoy! Some advice don't winter ride. I used to winter ride my gsxr 1000 up here in Kingston until I hit an ice patch and high sided. Wricked a race suit and a nice helmut. O the bike had some marks. It will be great riding around Northern NY.

CHACHI
01-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Put a side car on it and take the dogs for a ride.

No need to worry about studding your tires then.

Ken

John C in PA
01-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Why not break it in by riding to TO and visit?? You would be amazed how many people ride their bikes in Toronto year round..Ed

Nice ride, enjoy! Some advice don't winter ride. I used to winter ride my gsxr 1000 up here in Kingston until I hit an ice patch and high sided. Wricked a race suit and a nice helmut. O the bike had some marks. It will be great riding around Northern NY.

Somehow, I'd prefer to follow your advice Norm instead of Ed's :yes:

John C

Craig S
01-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Nice!
Shiny side up!
Craig:newzealand:

Morgan's Cloud
01-13-2014, 11:44 AM

Is that ever true !
Back in '87 I paid a visit to my brother at Guelph/OVC . The morning I headed back to the airport to return home it started to snow. It was 32f and the first snow I had ever really seen .It was , to me , so cold I was in pain .
On the way to YYZ a guy passed us on a bike , in the light snowfall , wearing jeans and a white short sleeved button up shirt .
After all of that it took a week before I could find my weenie again .