PDA

View Full Version : Two volvo speedmaster drives

mphatc
12-20-2013, 06:20 PM
wanted
two Volvo Speedmaster drives . . will consider parts and or components . . this will be a several year project, expensive and silly, I just want to build something vintage and fast

Mario L.
Mario@VSR1.com

Conquistador_del_mar
12-21-2013, 02:17 AM
wanted
two Volvo Speedmaster drives . . will consider parts and or components . . this will be a several year project, expensive and silly, I just want to build something vintage and fast

Mario L.
Mario@VSR1.com

Mario,
We should be able to work out something as long as you aren't in a hurry. I believe I have 8 of them in various conditions with one being near perfect, another running with a couple chips in the double gear, quite a few of the shafts with gears and bearings, possibly a good double gear in another one, 5 of them are original cases, and 3 of them are modified cases with extra cavitation plates added, 4 (maybe 5) good bottom skeg fin plates. You get the picture - lots of cases and parts. I bought two from Michael Spirito right before he died in the boating accident and another from Bill (N2O) on this site. The one that is running with some chips in the double gears was one I bought for my 1971 18' Donzi in about 1974 and still on the boat when I bought it back to restore a few years ago. Bill Dgill25960@aol.com

mphatc
12-21-2013, 06:31 AM
WOW!!!

Didn't expect a reply to this post within hours. I to looked at the two Mike Spirito had, they were rough if i's the two I saw.
I am in no hurry, lots of other priorities on this boat first as it's at the glass shop having the floor lowered . . Let's connect off line when you have time after the holidays
Till then, Merry Christmas!
Mario