PDA

View Full Version : 86 Minx help!!

Jscott
12-09-2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/20973
I am looking at a 86 Minx red. Its located in Ft Myers Fla. I think it originated in Troy Mi. Anyway its listed on Powerboat. Does anyone know the condition or particulars on that specific boat. I will be driving 13 hours for the deal thats one way!

VetteLT193
12-09-2013, 11:21 PM
link to ad would help

BUIZILLA
12-10-2013, 07:16 AM
the ad doesn't say anything about a trailer?

does it have bottom paint?

the interior looks a little worn and wrinckley?

I'll send you a PM of someone in the area that can look at it maybe

Just Say N20
12-10-2013, 09:11 AM
You know. . . .

smidgen too
12-10-2013, 10:10 AM
After seeing what Jeff's fresh water Minx stringers & transom looked like I would check them out & have it surveyed. Jeff replaced all the wood & glassed them in the right way. Here is a quote from Jeff when ask about his Minx, [Pull the deck and replace the stringers first. The layup and workmanship is poor at best. Jeff ]

Jscott
12-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the responses...helps more than you all know I have traveled to MI and WI for a Minx and one thing or another falls through. Anyway !!! The Minx is included with a 2 yr old trailer (cant remember the brand, Built Rite maybe?) there is no bottom paint, new gimbles,bellows and pumps for the tabs and outdrive, and new in-line harden mufflers. The boat has been rewired by a marine tech and has new Gaffrig gauges.

At face value (sight unseen) whats the thought(s) on the price.... fair, high, or low. And I do realize by the pics the seats are tired.