PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4 vBulletin skin?

Just Say N20
11-19-2013, 08:39 PM
It seems since about the time my iPhone upgraded to iOS 7, the skin or "look" of the site has changed to a mobile default.

I didn't do anything, and the strange thing is that both .org and .net looked the same on my iPhone. Then on day I logged in, and .org looks like it always did, and .net looks like crap.

For the life of me I can't figure out how/where to change it back.

Any wizards out there that can help?

Ghost
11-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Your iPhone hides the full url from you but will let you see it if you tap on the url box (where it says donzi.net in your screenshot.) When you get the real url, you should also get a keyboard and the ability to edit it. I think the difference you see has to do with a variable called stlyleid, which seems to get set to a value of 12 on .org, which I think may be the formatting you want.

Try retyping the url to:
www.donzi.net/forums/?styleid=12 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/?styleid=12)

and see if that doesn't get you to the black/red skin for the .net site.

Just Say N20
11-20-2013, 06:47 AM
We have a winner!

Thanks Mike. How in the world did you figure this out?

The iPhone does hide the web address information. When I started typing in what you suggested, I saw it remembered "mobile". The "styleid=12" got it back to the normal look.

You are the man!

Ghost
11-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Twice a day, even for a broken clock. ;)

It's common for web apps to pass variables in URLs, and these can be for things like style/view/skin whatever. I'd noticed some odd behavior myself and have been too busy to even look into it. Saw your note, got curious again, played around for 5 minutes and stumbled right into it.