PDA

View Full Version : A New Player In My Area? Cool Vid. 700 hp 22C.

Carl C
10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Qc7y4Ot2M

Donziweasel
10-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Bill (Just Say N2O) knows him. If you want to get in touch with him, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

gold-n-rod
10-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Is that Bald Eagle?

That's Brad filming and he's since sold that boat, so it must not be a recent video.

Just Say N20
10-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Carl,

That is Jeff Chirico's boat. Donzi 22 AE. It has been at Brian's shop too. It has a 700 hp Potter engine. Jeff has been continually "improving" it since he bought it.

I have been in it at over 85 GPS, but Jeff will have to say how fast it goes, if he so wishes.

The photo boat was either an '86 or '87 Classic 22 with a 454/Alpha. It was one of the nicest running stock 22s I have ever been in. Because of the gearing, 3,000 rpms was 47 mph. An awesome cruise speed with the engine loafing along.

Brad sold it about 3 years ago to Ralph, over in the Detroit area. Ralph had it about a year, and sold it. I don't know where it is now, but whoever owns it has a really sweet boat.

Carl C
10-24-2013, 03:01 PM
The video was uploaded two years ago and I did know that Brian had worked on it through .org. This was the first that I had seen or heard of it though. I was wondering if Jeff boats on Lake Erie, St. Clair and the Detroit River like a lot of us do. Maybe he will see this and chime in. We have a very nice contingent of 22 Classics in the area. We should have an event. All other Donzis also of course. :) We have ZRs in the area too. I got to run to PIB with two of them awhile back. I think I surprised one 38ZR when we were running dead even, side by side at about 85 mph. A lot of people seem to think that 22 Classics are 65 mph boats. God do I love surprising them. :)

joseph m. hahnl
10-24-2013, 05:19 PM
The video was uploaded two years ago and I did know that Brian had worked on it through .org. This was the first that I had seen or heard of it though. I was wondering if Jeff boats on Lake Erie, St. Clair and the Detroit River like a lot of us do. Maybe he will see this and chime in. We have a very nice contingent of 22 Classics in the area. We should have an event. All other Donzis also of course. :) We have ZRs in the area too. I got to run to PIB with two of them awhile back. I think I surprised one 38ZR when we were running dead even, side by side at about 85 mph. A lot of people seem to think that 22 Classics are 65 mph boats. God do I love surprising them. :)
people were surprised this little 17 ' boat hammered through to victory amongst the biggest of them. Proven in the severest conditions on earth:biggrin.:

http://www.seabuddyonboats.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Jim-Wynne-and-Win-mil-II.jpg

gold-n-rod
10-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Jeff boats out of White Lake, which is connected to Lake Michigan via a short channel.

I've driven his boat up to 70 with the stock power. It must be a beast now!

Carl C
10-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Jeff boats out of White Lake, which is connected to Lake Michigan via a short channel. I've driven his boat up to 70 with the stock power. It must be a beast now! I've been there with you and some others from here a few years ago. Remember? 5 footers on Lake Michigan kept us on White Lake to watch the poker run boats come in. The waves also kept a lot of boats out of the run. I did plane out briefly in them but it was crazy!

ralphcrocker
10-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Navy and honey 22 is in detroit probably on lake st clair

ITTLFLI
10-25-2013, 09:35 AM
The photo boat was either an '86 or '87 Classic 22 with a 454/Alpha. It was one of the nicest running stock 22s I have ever been in. Because of the gearing, 3,000 rpms was 47 mph. An awesome cruise speed with the engine loafing along.

Brad sold it about 3 years ago to Ralph, over in the Detroit area. Ralph had it about a year, and sold it. I don't know where it is now, but whoever owns it has a really sweet boat.

1987. I owned this Navy/honey boat and sold it to Brad back in 2002 or so. This was the boat I owned when we decided to start AOTH!!! It was a really sweet boat!!