PDA

View Full Version : SOLD - 1989 Legend - located in Mass

1929rats
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
1989 legend boat. Boat was made by the same people in the same town as Donzi, same fiberglass workers, same riggers, same salesman (search out legend on this website for a little history), boat is a very well built craft. I purchased her about 5 years ago, Thanksgiving weekend in NJ, brought her home, and loved her since. I placed new carpet, outfitted with new stereo with mp3 output and cd, four new speakers (Bose, and two 10x4 Kenwoods), new bildge pump, re-upholstered the back seat and wrap around seat, wet sanded and buffed boat (you can shave in the gelcoat - white or black), added new s/s tips on through-hull exhaust. and the boat has a new trailer made by performance trailers out of Lake George, NY that has only been in the water once (to change over from old trailer to new) I still haven't even titled the trailer.....She has a 220 horse 4.3 with four barrel carb, and alpha 1 outdrive. She sips the gas and goes plenty fast, Fastest Ive gone is 45 via gps. Black stripe has gold pin-stripping (paint) along each side of stripe. Very sharp looking boat. True hours are not known as I replaced the hour gauge when I purchased her, the old one was broken, the boat has had very little use and has been well cared for before I took ownership, after I took ownership, I loved the boat and cared for her very much. My wife and I have enjoyed this boat immensely. It is always talk of the lake (freshwater use only). I am a car nut with various cars - two of them featured in magazines, Ive taken care of this boat the same as I have cars.

This is the second summer I haven't used the boat, I only put in the water last year to change trailer. I purchased a new house last June with a pool and just have not used her. That is the only reason I'm selling. I have taken care of her meticulously. I'm only advertising here on the forum. I'd like to sell it to "one of my own" here....as this is where I got turned on to the donzi's myself and sought after this boat.

Boat has a bimini top, a cover, and is currently winterized but not shrink wrapped as it sits in my insulated garage.
Needs - should change the rotor and cap, was planning on it when I get ready for next season (or the season I'd put in the water). also one of the trim tabs doesn't go up without help, but, I always leave them down and its little issue. The only other thing that doesn't work is the cigarette lighter as I de-activated this knowing most fires start with this and its bad ground. Never been an issue for me as I don't smoke.

This is a great boat, well loved and cared for, looks new and has a new trailer. I don't need to sell, but told the wife, With jackets, oar, covers, bumbers, etc. who ever buys will be very happy with her...

Thanks,
pete

1929rats
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Boat also has a 24 pitch turbo s/s prop.....

1929rats
10-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Boat also has a 24 pitch turbo s/s prop.....

here are some interior shots as well....

dsparis
10-03-2013, 04:53 PM
If its a Legend whys it say Donzi on the side ?

Tidbart
10-03-2013, 05:53 PM
If its a Legend whys it say Donzi on the side ?

With a replica that close to the original, I would put Donzi stickers on it also. Not really an issue, unless someone tries to sell it as a Donzi.

Great looking boat. Good luck with the sale.

B

dsparis
10-03-2013, 06:52 PM
That makes sense :banghead:

1929rats
10-03-2013, 11:13 PM
actually I put the stickers on the reverse sides because of this....a trained eye will notice.

A friend of mine gave them to me, I put them on after I wet sanded and buffed....there was a lot of "real estate" without a decal to break up the hull and a legend sticker is impossible to find otherwise I would have used that.

it says "legend marine", embossed right on the dash.

This is a very rare boat, only a handfull of legends were made, however, if anyone has the correct hull decals, let me know....Ive never even seen any...

dsparis
10-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Looks like a beautiful well maintained boat. Good luck with the sale.

1929rats
10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
sold boat yesterday, going to Maine. please close ad.