PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations for a new dash company.

Donziweasel
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
I need a new dash. Mine looks like crap and I want to add a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge. Can someone recommend a good company that won't break the bank? Thanks!

yembo77
10-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Don't know what kind of materials you're looking to use but I worked with a laser guy to redo my dash. He can work with Acrylics which can be laminated with different patterns. I used Carbon Fiber for mine and it came out well. Any way you do it, especially custom configuration, it's not easy and never super cheap. Let me know if you want his info.

Thanks,
Matt

Donziweasel
10-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Sure. Thanks!

joseph m. hahnl
10-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Laser cutters are incredibly quick:eek!: set up time also quick:D machines cost millions not thousands:doh: labor rate is expensive :bawling: but it balances out to awesome :checkered:

They can etch letters too:propeller:

VetteLT193
10-05-2013, 09:15 PM
you seem handy enough to knock it out yourself. i did the Minx out of plexiglass. worked really well and you don't have to be too exact on the circles, just the outsides.

I did have mine sprayed in awlgrip after I cut them and mocked everything up though... so keep that in mind!!!

Bobby D
10-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Endless possibilities, make your own it’s not difficult

mike o
10-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Endless possibilities, make your own it’s not difficult

Beautiful Boat Mr. Davis.......:cool:

Donziweasel
10-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Vette,
I don't mind doing it myself, but have a couple of concerns. 1. I like square rocker switches, how do you cut the square holes for them? Also, what about labels? How you you get stuff like "bidgle", "blower", etc... on it?

yembo77
10-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Right, and there's the hard part. Logos, labels, and even exactly cut holes are what made me go the route of lasering. The only issue there is that it's not a water jet, so cutting metals is out. I can laser the labels and logos into billet alum. or chrome steel, but cutting all the way through isn't a possibility with the laser my friend has. The nice part about the acrylic is it's all done in one shot in a couple of mins. The design takes the longest. My buddy is Jim Dolack and he owns Merit Award in Hackensack, NJ, 201-487-5780. He's done a lot of stuff for guys on L.I. and the jersey shore with the Silverton clubs. Think laser etched, backlit, crystal Welcome Aboard signs for yachts! LOL Some of these guys go nuts, where other guys do stuff like gauge clusters and rail rulers for measuring fish. Give him a call and discuss what you'd like to do.

Matt