PDA

View Full Version : Paint color question

smokediver
10-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know the paint code for the white on the classics ? Mine is a 1990. I would like to get a code that i could possibly cross reference with sterling paints. I have red hullsides and i am thinking about going white. Thanks in advance

gcarter
10-01-2013, 07:49 PM
John, if you want to paint the boat, haul it to an up-market automotive paint store like BASF, or other good brand like Sterling. They, if they have to, can match the color (I did this on the Minx sides and stripe), or it may be a stock color. The red of the TR was a stock BASF color.

smokediver
10-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks George. There is a ppg store real close and they can shoot a prophet on it (paint match machine ) i was hoping to get lucky that someone had already done it !! I think i will have them shoot it and i will post the code. Of course the shades may be different due to age and condition of the finish. The reason i am going with Sterling is I am gonna roll and tip it at my house. I did a flats boat with excellent results and couldnt have been happier with the results.

gcarter
10-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Yes, I agree that after 23 years, it's not the same color it was.

Good luck.