PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover vs. Motorcycles

Phil S
09-30-2013, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOyDMzn2bY

So, what would you have done ? :shocking:

johnnywhale
09-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Happens in NY a lot - lots of young guys generally riding recklessly, aggressively.
Starts when the kid brake-checks the Rover, causing it to hit him.
Don't know how I'd react if my kids were in the car.
Probably similarly.

BUIZILLA
09-30-2013, 06:47 PM
the RR had every much a right to be on the road as they did....

a CCW would have ended it with the first helmet window hit for me.. over and out

johnnywhale
09-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Same bunch, earlier in the day.
Police impounded dozens of bikes, Range Rover driver not arrested.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=720_1380571291

Phil S
09-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Interesting....thanks for posting a follow-up.

My SUV would have become a lot wider than his on more than a few occasions if my wife & children were threatened. Can't say I wouldn't have given them a lesson or two in "brake-checking" skills as well.

Donziweasel
10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
One biker suffered a broken leg at the first confrontation. He deserved more. Police did arrest a bunch and impound bikes. The range rover driver was stitched up and released from the hospital. It would never happen in Wyoming. We have no concealed weapons permits and a lot of people pack heat legally in their cars. You mess with a local motorist in Wyoming, and you have a good chance of dying of lead poisoning.

I have a 41 mag in my truck, but it is loaded with birdshot for shooting grouse on my road.

bertsboat
10-01-2013, 08:12 AM
If it were me in the SUV there would have been dozens killed and scores injured. Those bikers were punks, not bikers in the spence of the bird. They give the word a black eye because the public thinks a biker is a biker. They do this on scooters too.
i saw times on that video that I too would have made my SUV wider. Would have made it fun too. Maybe had my wife and kids keep score just to make it less boring.

yembo77
10-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Glad this was posted. It's absolute gang warfare and what I can't believe is that a cop was no where to be found to intercept up the entire uptown length of the WSH! This guy was attacked and running with NO help! He was absolutely justified, but I think something happened between the bikers and suv prior to the start of the footage. But if MY family were in the car and I was being attacked, you better believe I'm gunning it to the nearest NYPD precinct! This can be compared to a pack of animals jumping on a large game prey and bringing it down. This isn't society.

-Matt

BUIZILLA
10-01-2013, 09:14 AM
apparently, the first white bike rider *thought* that the LR was impeding their aggressiveness and sought to slow the LR to let the bikes do what they wanted, as soon as he dived and braked he started the chain of events, he intentionally caused the accident, there is another youtube video of another rider describing it

MOP
10-01-2013, 10:15 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/30/us/new-york-bikers-road-rage-video/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Donziweasel
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM
It sounds like one of the bikers is paralyzed permanently from the incident. The wife and mother think the Range Rover driver should be held accountable. It all started because the Range Rover driver saw them coming and slowed down to let them by. The bikers thought he was trying to impede them. Then they basically attacked, dented the door, cut his tires. He took off, paralyzing the biker. They chased him and brutally beat him. Bunch of punks. To the wife and mother, I am sorry about his paralyzation, but, if he hadn't acted like such an asshole to begin with, it would not have happened.

duckhunter
10-01-2013, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't have even gone to guns in this situation - a truck generates a whole lot more FU than a blaster if you're using the accepted F=MA formula.

I'd lock her into 4LO and leave an epic trail of bike parts and grease stains heading towards the nearest police station.

duckhunter
10-01-2013, 03:20 PM
It sounds like one of the bikers is paralyzed permanently from the incident. The wife and mother think the Range Rover driver should be held accountable.

Stupid SHOULD hurt. Attack my family and my "give a damn" about you ever feeling your toes again is pretty well broken.

Sometimes the gene pool needs a little chlorine...

Phil S
10-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Well said DH and others as well. I am very sympathetic to the SUV driver...he did, probably the best job he could, to protect his family. There's 30 to 40 not-so-bright bikers out there right now that should be thankful that they are able to walk...much more breathe. But not according to their parents...sheesh...

mattyboy
10-02-2013, 12:17 PM
The investigation continues a lot surveillance footage coming to light they will put an electronic footprint to this incident and charge accordingly

The informal "event" was "sponsored" by one club and attended by many
Others. their reported goal was to illegally shutdown the WSH and do stunts has well has ride thru TS in mass uninpeded

It amazes me how much tracking goes on in midtown since 9-11

My reaction would be to not stop moving and not to have left the hwy for side streets but to have gotten to the GW bridge Not sure if they herded him off or he choose to due to traffic or other reasons
The PA police presence is always there.

Donziweasel
10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, it was an annual event. They left the house that morning with the intention of breaking the law. Some bikers had already went ahead and were blocking the exits so they could have the highway to themselves. Initially, the bikers say the first incident, when the biker slowed down and got hit (he broke his leg), was because before the video, they said he hit some bikers. Now the story has changed. It says he swerved and cut a few off, but never hit anyone. Of course, the driver of the SUV says he saw them coming and slowed down. He thinks the bikers think he was messing with them, and that is why the biker cut him off and slowed down shortly after the video starts.

What could go wrong when a 100 adrenaline fueled junkies on performance bikes intentionally go to break the law?

Morgan's Cloud
10-02-2013, 04:23 PM
I bet a good percentage of those bikers also have a PWC stashed at home too .
(oooh , what a coincidence that would be .. :rolleyes: )