PDA

View Full Version : What boat cover to get?

BLACKIE
09-24-2013, 06:43 PM
I need a new full length boat cover for "Nervous Energy" my classic 18. I found this company and it seems fairly reasonable regarding price. I'm thinking of the "ultra" model in black as my boat is white with a black deck and waterline stripes. The stripes are accented with gold pinstripes. This all sits on a natural aluminum trailer. What do you guys think? Are there any Donzi registry approved places to purchase something like this?

I would like to be able to tow at freeway speeds with the cover on if possible but the main reason is to be used as a winter cover (Inside storage) to keep the dust off. Also I might be taking the boat with me to Florida in the winter for up to 4 or 5 months and it probably would be stored outside down there so I want something that would stand up to the weather and sun too.

http://www.go2marine.com/product/15160F/donzi-18-classic-boat-cover.html

Looking forward to your ideas and comments.

Blackie

BLACKIE
09-27-2013, 03:13 PM
This is a bump with another question.:smile:

What's the difference between a "Carver" brand cover material vs. a "Taylor Made" brand material? I've seen both advertised with different weights. Both seem to have the same warranty's but the prices vary widely. If the materials are the same and the manufacture's fit and finish is the same I guess the one with the cheaper price is better but I just don't have the experience to make a good decision.

I'm trying to choose a cover based on material quality, looks, and fit but I don't have any experience with these brands, material types, and manufacturers so I'm looking to you experts for help.

Any thoughts?

Blackie

Wet Vette
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I also need a cover for my 18 and am very interested in what you find.

My only comment is about using a dark color. it is easier to keep a dark cover looking good but my 22' came with a charcoal color cover. I noticed when I removed the cover on a sunny hot summer day the front deck was so hot that I couldn't kneel on it a couple minutes later. That heat can't be good for it long term.

Wet Vette

joseph m. hahnl
10-02-2013, 05:54 PM
My trailer cover is Sunbrella. I got it in 2005 and I use it for a winter cover .:propeller:http://www.boatcoversadvice.com/sunbrella.php