PDA

View Full Version : Last ride compilation video

Moody Blu'
09-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Got my pops at the tender age of 76 to walk up to the top of the manahwkin bridge and get some great footage, love the commentary LOL!

part3, this video imparticular is hilarious as he is talking about his kidneys... we took my pops and his GF for a ride in maryland and everytime I tried to go faster to "skip across the top of the waves" my pops was like slow down it is hurting me... well.. He wasnt listening when I told him how the faster I go the smoother it gets so he has his flash back while video taping.. I love my pops! what a character! HOKEY POKEY BADOOM GOODBYE LOL

for some reason the video link/embed will not allow the play lsit of 5 videos to play through the forum so here is the direct link.. I will leave the embeded vide for the heck of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6am3cNn9w&list=PLwai1A-FoSLmETHgRUZOOkFivBk-3I2EY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqXf5v0v04&list=PLwai1A-FoSLmETHgRUZOOkFivBk-3I2EY

pipnit
09-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Your old man had me cracking up, lol. Hope you had a good season! I'll be taking my last rip of the year pretty soon. :(

Moody Blu'
09-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Your old man had me cracking up, lol. Hope you had a good season! I'll be taking my last rip of the year pretty soon. :(
Thanks! yea august was the season for us. we got a lot of boating in for one month or so thanks to MOP.. Yea my pops cracks me the hell up.

RickSE
09-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Nice, thanks for posting. Our 22C never made it out of the garage this year and our season is pretty much over :(, been too busy jr. Drag Racing with our daughter. :)

Moody Blu'
09-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Nice, thanks for posting. Our 22C never made it out of the garage this year and our season is pretty much over :(, been too busy jr. Drag Racing with our daughter. :)

RICK! your welcome! If your girl is into jr drag racing take a look into karts, my Girlfriend, Danielle and I both got karts. She got a kart that she shares with her oldest son who is 13 (they are both about the same size now. She has a arrow 2013 kart frame with a yamaha kt 100 centrifugal clutch two stroke motor(does about 75-80mph) they are awesome karts. I even took the kt100 for a ride and its still fast for me. Way mroe relaxed driving that compared to my arrow shifter kart kart with a honda cr125cc 6 speed. the shifter kart has so much more going on both karts handle better then F1 cars the shifter accelerates faster then a f1..

check out them karts they are so fun.

RickSE
09-24-2013, 02:07 PM
RICK! your welcome! If your girl is into jr drag racing take a look into karts, my Girlfriend, Danielle and I both got karts. She got a kart that she shares with her oldest son who is 13 (they are both about the same size now. She has a arrow 2013 kart frame with a yamaha kt 100 centrifugal clutch two stroke motor(does about 75-80mph) they are awesome karts. I even took the kt100 for a ride and its still fast for me. Way mroe relaxed driving that compared to my arrow shifter kart kart with a honda cr125cc 6 speed. the shifter kart has so much more going on both karts handle better then F1 cars the shifter accelerates faster then a f1..

check out them karts they are so fun.

I've thought about the karts but we're in so deep now with the dragster that I'd never be able to afford another sport. :wink: We started at the beginning of the year with a stock Briggs & Straton Raptor motor then switched to a B&S Blockzilla and are now running a JR Race Car 350cc engine. It's fun and the kids do some amazing stuff as these cars can really throw them down the 1/8-mile in a hurry. Our next car in line is a 180" wheel base Jr. Comp Dragster with a Suzuki 1300cc Hayabusa/6-speed. :eek!:

When did you get the 22? I remember you trying to sell the 18 a while back then seems like you went quiet for a while.

Moody Blu'
09-25-2013, 01:31 AM
yea your head deep.. 1300cc busa.. theyll be doing 200+? right?

I had financial issues when I was trying to sell the boat. I was gonna fix the moody in early august but found out how long I had to wait and my girlfriend decided to buy a boat. So we posted on the forum and Mop called out of the blue and was on the fence about selling so me and my gf thought about it, called him back and he was decided and we did the deal. ran it every weekend up till last weekend.. still want to get moody all done up and this fall winter it will begin.

RickSE
09-25-2013, 11:56 AM
yea your head deep.. 1300cc busa.. theyll be doing 200+? right?...

The kids can run the Jr. Comp's in the 1/8th mile from age 14-20 and they run on a 6.90 index, so 6.90 seconds in the 1/8th mile usually right at 100-MPH. Once they turn 16 they can run the Comp cars in the full 1/4 mile usually high 9's-10's sec. at 150-MPH. It doesn't seem all that fast to me considering that the fastest regular Jr's run 7.90 @ 85-MPH in the 1/8th with a single cylinder engine.

OK, I didn't even know MOP sold his boat. That always seemed like a nice 22, SBC and just a good running boat. It would be interesting to feel the differences between your boat, a fairly light 22, and one like mine that's supposed to be 300 lbs heavier then a regular BBC 22C.

Moody Blu'
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Yes definately, Ive noticed the difference in speed with passengers and its a good 4-5 mph. also the extra gas tank is positioned right in front of the engine so more weight is further back for less bow weight(stock tank is there as well)- im having a problem with that tank, doesnt seem to want to run when I switch to front tank. and i have 16 gallons of gas in it(so much for a reserve) I think there is water in it I have to pump the gas out.

Im working on making a twin turbo setup that can be interchanged from the 383(22c) to the 351w(18c) and im doing it with a different mind set as far as turbo size, im going for none to minimal turbo lag if you know about disco potatos the smaller the better for this route and less initial boost strain on the drive. (larger turbos kick in something fierce) However the design will allow larger turbos as well. its just a concept right now.

im wondering if I can cool the exhaust side of the turbo with water from the headers to keep exhaust side turbo temps down and thus cooling the intake charge as well, without needing a watercooled turbo. I need to call corky bell up about it.

BUIZILLA
09-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Im working on making a twin turbo setup that can be interchanged from the 383(22c) to the 351w(18c) and im doing it with a different mind set as far as turbo size, im going for none to minimal turbo lag if you know about disco potatos the smaller the better for this route and less initial boost strain on the drive. (larger turbos kick in something fierce) However the design will allow larger turbos as well. its just a concept right now.

im wondering if I can cool the exhaust side of the turbo with water from the headers to keep exhaust side turbo temps down and thus cooling the intake charge as well, without needing a watercooled turbo. I need to call corky bell up about it.

I have been around turbo's for about 44 years now, been a distributor for Garrett, Schwitzer/Borg Warner, Holset, IHI, Mitsubishi, RotoMaster, Rajay and a few others for the last 32+ years..

with that said i'm just going to sit on the sidelines, and watch this unfold, you obviously know more than I do :tongue: