PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer & Volt Gauge Dead, anyone reproduce/fix

BOSTONCAMARO
09-21-2013, 06:46 PM

Ok, so we got our boat back and it runs great, we are VERY satisfied with the work done. There was some type of short that blew the 50 amp fuse and the ESA, our shifter cable adjustment was all messed up and cable was kinked due to mis adjustment, all these issues are fixed now however we are thinking the tach and volt gauge took a hit too, they no longer work. Checked all wiring, all clean, tight etc and has power to it. I do have an Autometer Monster tach that I am going to jump just to see if all wiring is good. If the tach in the boat is indeed dead (it is set to correct cylinder etc) does someone make these exact gauges or is there a rebuild service available. The boat is a 5.0 Ford / OMC 1992 16. I believe Farina may have made these? or make similar? I appreciate the help, going to analyze and if junk want to send them out to be fixed soon.

Thanks, Tim

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558247_10151744060243110_701593575_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1229825_10151744061498110_562148734_n.jpg

mattyboy
09-22-2013, 06:41 AM
A few tests
With the key on
Make sure you have 12 volts across the I lug and the G lug if you do then remove the Wire on the S lug now touch a known ground to the S lug that should peg the gauge
That should also work for the tach

I think those are teleflex gauges or teleflex makes one that looks like that

BOSTONCAMARO
09-22-2013, 05:08 PM
great thanks, I wonder if they are still in business....at one point someone told me they were Faria, though do not have the Fario logo on them...also just checked ebay, u r right they are Teleflex!

thanks!

BOSTONCAMARO
09-26-2013, 09:57 AM
great thanks, I wonder if they are still in business....at one point someone told me they were Faria, though do not have the Fario logo on them...also just checked ebay, u r right they are Teleflex!

thanks!

did tests as you described and talked with tech from Teleflex who was helpful, emailed back and forth

tach and volt gauge are dead, to confirm 100 percent hooked up auto meter monster tach to tach leads and it worked perfect

so likely buying a set of NOS telefax gauges on ebay, going to buy whole set so I have matching spares for my other gauges

thanks again