PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Boat Is This?

Carl C
09-11-2013, 03:49 PM
He pulled into Brown's Bar with a group of big go-fasts. It is solid white with no logos visible on the hull or in the cockpit. It appeared to be at least 40' long and sounded like it had big power. This is the best pic I could get on the crowded dock. The boat is gorgeous. I don't know if it's in the process of getting graphics or what but the all white works for me. I would just really like to know what kind of boat it is.

Carl C
09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Nobody? That deck shape is kind of unique. The group was from the Lake St. Clair Powerboat Club. They were on a fun run. Sometimes they will include the smaller boats and I've met some of them and they are a great bunch of people. I didn't know anyone in this group though.

Morgan's Cloud
09-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I would have said that the hull (that I can see) looks reminiscent of something Chris Craftish when they were doing larger deep v's but the deck does look more high tech.
Pity you couldn't get a few more pictures . With the time you put in on the water maybe you'll come across it again soon.

Carl C
09-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I knew this boat was something special as soon as I saw it. This is the only other pic I have and it's a bad one. I can try running this by the LSCPC FB page I guess.

Dave911
09-13-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm thinking it's an Aronow 37. Great lines on these boats...
http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/76

Carl C
09-13-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm thinking it's an Aronow 37. Great lines on these boats...
http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/76

Yup! I googled images of "Aronow Powerboats" and it is definitely an Aronow. Most likely the 37 but possibly a 45. Very cool. Thank you!:cool:

Morgan's Cloud
09-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Well , it looks like that little mystery was solved a lot faster than I thought it would be .

smidgen too
09-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Carl this may be the the boat with new paint. This Aronow was here on Lake St Clair, it was called LUNATIC FRINGE & the paint job fits the name. Mark

Carl C
09-14-2013, 06:28 AM
Carl this may be the the boat with new paint. This Aronow was here on Lake St Clair, it was called LUNATIC FRINGE & the paint job fits the name. Mark

Maybe the same model but not the same boat! My pics were taken four days ago. There is no bow rail & the engine room vents are different and it has headlights. I'll take the all white one please! That is definitely an old school boat with an old school paint job. It's kind of cool how the bigger go-fasts are going back to simpler paint schemes. MTI came out with all those wild theme boats and now you never hear about MTI. It's still all Skater! :)

Morgan's Cloud
09-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Bear in mind that if it was one of the few that Don made before his death it would have been a 'USA Powerboats' .

smidgen too
09-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Maybe the same model but not the same boat! My pics were taken four days ago. There is no bow rail & the engine room vents are different and it has headlights. I'll take the all white one please! That is definitely an old school boat with an old school paint job. It's kind of cool how the bigger go-fasts are going back to simpler paint schemes. MTI came out with all those wild theme boats and now you never hear about MTI. It's still all Skater! :)

True no rail but these pic's were taken back @ the Metro beach Quake on The Lake race around 1992... The boat may have changed in 20+ years. Mark

Carl C
09-15-2013, 09:26 AM
True no rail but these pic's were taken back @ the Metro beach Quake on The Lake race around 1992... The boat may have changed in 20+ years. Mark

Oh, got it! I thought you meant the other way around. I guess it could be the same boat, stripped of that horrible paint theme! (which was probably considered really cool in the day)

joseph m. hahnl
09-15-2013, 05:26 PM
He figgin nailed it:biggrin:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77487&stc=1&d=1378932930

http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/data/514/4800-aronow-45-alpha-2.jpg

Dave911
09-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Pretty certain it's not the 45'. I had a poster of the 45' on my wall for a decade. The hatch positioning gives away...Love that white look. There was a boat in CT (where I grew up) call Plain Vanilla. Sick.

scippy
09-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Don't know how true it is, but check out the couple in the red Aronow 37' above, the 2 people in the boat don't really seem to
be blasted by the wind at speed.........I've heard something to effect about a design feature (in the base) of the low windscreen
that keeps the wind mostly to pass over the occupants...........I think the Aronow 37 was limited to 2 years ('91 & '92) and that
Brownie had some imput in the low swung windscreen..................does anybody know about this?

Morgan's Cloud
09-16-2013, 06:13 AM
I'm not sure about Brownie's participation , but very shortly after Don's death it was written that works still in progress/on the drawing board at USA Powerboats were going to be completed by Jim Wynne.