PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Swag

John C in PA
09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I just took delivery of this brand new nylon jacket. I bought it from a guy in England. Anyone see one of these before from the Donzi factory? There is no label on it but neither does it look like its home made.

John C

mc donzi
09-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I just took delivery of this brand new nylon jacket. I bought it from a guy in England. Anyone see one of these before from the Donzi factory? There is no label on it but neither does it look like its home made.

John C

I have one that is very similar... mine is same colour(cdn. sp)blue, 2 yellow stripes on each sleeve, small front patch is on the left, same patch on back, mine has buttons instead of zipper.

I think that I bought mine at the Miami Boat Show in the early 1980's. Just dug it out.... it still fits!!!

Tag inside the collar says that it was made by King Jackets, Tarpon Springs, Florida.

I'd post a picture but don't know how... see today's post "Attachments" in 'Whatever you want to talk about'

Dave

Conquistador_del_mar
09-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I have one that is very similar... mine is same colour(cdn. sp)blue, 2 yellow stripes on each sleeve, small front patch is on the left, same patch on back, mine has buttons instead of zipper.

I think that I bought mine at the Miami Boat Show in the early 1980's. Just dug it out.... it still fits!!!

Tag inside the collar says that it was made by King Jackets, Tarpon Springs, Florida.

I'd post a picture but don't know how... see today's post "Attachments" in 'Whatever you want to talk about'

Dave

I have the same one as you, Dave. Mine was made by Jackets, USA. (too lazy to take a picture and post it - sorry)

biggiefl
09-03-2013, 01:55 PM
It will look awesome with your parachute pants and Carrera folding sunglasses while driving a Deloreon listening to 'Don't bring me down" by ELO on 8-track. Now you know why it is "brand new'. :kingme:

John C in PA
09-03-2013, 05:30 PM
mine has buttons instead of zipper.

Dave

Buttons are a lot easier to move over than a zipper when you get a little bigger in the chest than you used to be :smile:.

I'll post how to insert pix in a minute.

John C

Greg Guimond
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I had the exact same jacket in the 80's when I was 10. I alternated between it and a Members Only.

biggiefl
09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Did you alternate between the Jordache and Sassoon jeans as well? :rlol:

johnnywhale
09-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Did you alternate between the Jordache and Sassoon jeans as well? :rlol:

You laugh... Yet your biggest secret is you miss the contrasting white stitching!

biggiefl
09-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Ooh La La Sassoon!

silverghost
09-05-2013, 08:27 AM

John C

In all seriousness~~
I remember way back in the early 1970s the Donzi Marine factory had a small Accessories Catalog page with similar items like your jacket listed for sale in it; as well as actual boat related items like the small wooden Donzi boat paddle, nylon Donzi "Ditty" draw-string storage bag, etc.

Might this be a NOS jacket Donzi Marine once sold in this 1970-80's time period ?

On one of the Donzi sites there is a color page of this accessories catalog, with a Donzi Model , posted in their Donzi history section.

biggiefl
09-05-2013, 09:21 AM
All the major players did. I have a bunch of 70's-80's accessories brochures from Whaler, Cigarette, OMC, Quicksilver, etc.

silverghost
09-05-2013, 10:57 AM
I had the exact same jacket in the 80's when I was 10. I alternated between it and a Members Only.

Greg~~~

Is it true that You, & George Costanza , were the very last "Members " of Members Only ? ? ?