PDA

View Full Version : 28ZX Fuel Gauge Sender/Float Access

In the red
08-26-2013, 03:29 PM
I think I am having some fuel sender issues on my 2006 28ZX. I cant seem to find the access to the sender in the top of the tank. There is a round access port between the bolsters that lets you see the the two elbows for the fuel fill line and the vent line, but no sender/wires. Any help is appreciated.

joseph m. hahnl
08-26-2013, 05:23 PM
In the Minx there's a plastic tub that the access port is bolted to "anchor or floor cooler compartment" I have to take the tub out to get to the sender:spongebob:

In the red
08-26-2013, 06:33 PM
In the Minx there's a plastic tub that the access port is bolted to "anchor or floor cooler compartment" I have to take the tub out to get to the sender:spongebob:

Thanks Joseph. Unfortunately there is no floor cooler and the anchor locker is in the bow on a 28.

DonziM79
08-27-2013, 09:53 AM
On my 99 26zx the sender access is under the back seat compartment/ cooler. There is a round access port at the bottom.

joseph m. hahnl
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks Joseph. Unfortunately there is no floor cooler and the anchor locker is in the bow on a 28. I guess it's a different animal :bonk:.My sender is about three inches forward of the pickup tube:lookaroun: I can't quite get to it through the access hole.
A flash light and mirror may do the trick in finding it :idea:

In the red
08-30-2013, 01:10 PM
On my 99 26zx the sender access is under the back seat compartment/ cooler. There is a round access port at the bottom.

Ding ding........ you win. Didnt think to look in there. Right there and easy to get at. Thanks! :idea: