PDA

View Full Version : A very reluctant move!

MOP
08-22-2013, 07:54 AM
My medical issues seem to keep popping up, damn chemo can have some nasty after effects. I can not be totally sure the chemo is causing the latest issue but is follows a fairly long list of crap. I have contracted Facial Myalgia it is the most painful thing I have ever experienced! From the looks of things I must give up all types of activities, riding lawn mower right down to getting wind on my face. This really sucks it is like getting hit in the face with a cattle prod. I have gone through what treatments my neurologist provided to no avail, even a stint of acupuncture. Now the reluctant part! I will be letting my 22 go which was one of my favorite toys, one ride after it was fixed by very good friends convinced me no more bouncy rides. Here is a link to the nasty! http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=79817

Offset
08-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Terrible news. Sorry to see you have to part with your 22 but I understand the limitations placed on you.

I will keep positive thoughts for you, hope you are on the road to recovery and that the 22 sells quickly.

Truly, best of luck. Stay positive and hope for the best. :thumbsup:

Murray

duckhunter
08-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Very sorry to hear this - prayers sent your way. Best wishes on your recovery and getting back out on the water.

gcarter
08-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear this Phil.
Laine and I will be praying for you.

Just Say N20
08-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Phil, so sorry to hear this news. Jane and I will be praying for you.

Although it probably isn't what you want, I hope the 22 sells quickly.

Have you placed an ad for it yet? If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Phil,
I hope things get better for you - and soon!

Greg Guimond
08-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Very sorry to hear this :( Sending nothing but positive thoughts to get better soon.

Ed Donnelly
08-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Candles lit for you Phil.. Stay strong ..Ed

Jraysray
08-22-2013, 03:15 PM
If so and you are not in the real need for money. Hang on to it. See what happens a little bit down the road. One thing I have learned is that a 6 week forecast is accurate. Anything past that is a best guess. In the end its really up to you.

Ghost
08-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Phil, that's very sad news. We're thinking about you down here. If there's anything we can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

penbroke
08-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Sorry to hear this Phil. Sending lots of positive energy your way.
Stay strong and let me know if I can help.

Frank

John C in PA
08-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Although we've not met there have been a few traded emails. That's sad news Phil. Think positive thoughts that you will be joining us next year in the Thousand Islands.

John C in PA

silverghost
08-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Phill~~~

So sorry to hear about your painful medical issues.
You are in our thoughts ~

Don't make any rash moves to sell your Donzi now this fall~

Why not wait until next spring to see how you feel then ?
Your facial nerve pain could possibly improve by then and you could enjoy your Donzi once again !

Tim Morris
08-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Very sorry to hear this news Phil. I hope and pray it is short lived
and you can get some comfort. It's been a tough haul for you and
it sounds like it's not over yet. Better luck from here on in.

CHACHI
08-26-2013, 06:04 AM
Phil, I am very sorry to hear this news.

Prayers said.

Ken

Moody Blu'
08-29-2013, 12:58 AM
You told me about the issues you've had and ive had to do the same thing with atv and motorcycle racing/riding. it just became to much to bear as my back surgery went well however im short a layer on one of my discs. So I had finally sold my atv recently that I built from scratch. It was hard to do however I didnt like seeing it sit and not be used for its purpose.

I've known you as a very generous "bloke" and you hooked me up with a great deal on the Volvo drive, a steering cable(when I was in a pinch) and damn my fault for not buying that arneson asd6 from you(I regret not getting that) but the price was amazing. And your amazing, not to many people that are good blooded natured with the generosity and pleasure that you get from being that way. I want to acknowledge you for the way you are. You are a friend to many even if you don't know them well. It is very commendable.

A day after I posted my thread about looking for a boat to buy Phil called me about his boat and how he was contemplating selling it and I asked if he was sure and he said he'd give it more thought. I called him a day or so later and said we are ready to buy if you are and he said yes. As sad as it was to know what he was dealing with and to buy it from him, all I knew was I felt honored and knew I would take care of it. ive been keeping it quiet until Phil posted about it. I was with him on his last ride and pulling away with the Phils donzi was a bag of mixed emotions. I am still grateful and I will take care of it.

I've thought about the potential of the boat and its the ticket to a fast donzi with less weight and just as much if not more power then most big blocks.

I feel you gave us an amazing boat that is just itching to be unleashed with a couple mods thanks to the refreshed design and structure..

I thank you for giving us this opportunity to start with a solid platform and build it up. I feel you know me and my work through the forums but I know I haven't been perfect yet u call.me and offered your boat for sale to me, I really am honored.

I am already working on a couple updates for the boat, like a new gauge faceplate. and maybe even a trick windshield made out of some kind of lightweight material in the same shape as the windshield on the boat but sturdier and with storage

We have been really enjoy it as I've been off the water for at least 6-7 years and my girlfriend and kids have never owned they're own boat, and with a bloke like me :) "showing them the ropes of boating" and of course maintenance.... Even upgrades.. my girlfriend wants it to go faster, this girl is amazing.. when we go to the go kart rental places shes always in 2nd place out of all the other guys racing her and I'm usually first. :) we even ended up getting our own gas karts(I got a shifter kart with a cr 125cc motor 100-125 mph and she got a kt100 stroke kart 65-80mph shes a speed freak just like me and we've been enjoying our adventures together. so far we have spent every weekend on the boat twice in LBI and once in maryland and its been solid aside for a couple issues that are not a big deal. the first day in maryland I waxed the entire deck of the boat and compounded the rear hatch as it was a lil faded. the boat looked great after giving it some elbow grease!

the boat allows us to all enjoy the days ahead of us in a bigger way as well as the camaraderie of other boaters and us becoming closer as a family

yeller
08-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Really sad to hear Phil. I truly hope this will pass.

Moody....take care of Phil's baby.

Morgan's Cloud
08-30-2013, 01:33 PM
So sorry to read of your issues Phil and the fact you had to get rid of the boat.
All we can do is make the best decisions we can at the given time .
Hopefully you will be able to get through this and get back on the scene again.

Many others have said it better than me already but you will remain very much in my thoughts.

Bad things always seem to happen to good people .