PDA

View Full Version : Chris*Craft XK-19 (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
08-12-2013, 05:48 PM
I like the look of these boats!

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/3976326263.html

Chris Craft XK 19--Original "Muscle Car" Boat - $24900 (Lake Minnetonka)
Hi, you are looking at a RARE Chris Craft XK19. Only 276 of these boats were made from 1969 and 1974. The Chris Craft XK has an interesting background and they are becoming very collectible. In the late '60's, Chris Craft was transitioning from a wood boat company to producing fiberglass boats. Fiberglass was relatively new in the boating world and the XK was built like a tank. In the age of muscle cars, Chris Craft wanted to come out with a fiberglass boat that James Bond would be proud of. They hired a designer from Detroit (who was on the Mustang design team--I had a chance to talk to this gentleman and his story was incredible). As you can see in the photos below, the XK is futuristic and sleek in design. The other designer on the XK was a world class off-shore racer. He built a hull that can handle rough water and is very stable. As a note, the Inboard-outboard was designed as part of this process. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad, depending whether or not you are a mechanic! But the boat is loaded with design and history.

This XK 19 has been a several year project for me. I bought the shell in the NE and stripped it down to the basics. I had a boat shop do the body and paint. The bodty needed some work but it was all done very professionally. A new floor was put in and anything that could be re-glassed was. The finish was done with Imron paint, the same used on aircraft. It is absolutely beautiful.

Mechanically I had a 5.0 Mercruiser engine rebuilt and installed. I believe it is a 2005 model. It has 1-2 hours on it! It has an awesome Gil Exhaust system. All major parts are new. A new Alpha 1 and prop were also installed. New steering, battery with switch, trim pump, etc etc. I had all of the chrome parts re-chromed. (Boy was that expensive). But we have the major chrome parts that are no longer available and add to the beauty of the boat.

The interior was completely redone. My upholstery guy was brilliant. The seats are nicer than a new boat. He used the best vinyl and was an artist the way he put it all together. The boat even has brand new shag carpet, which was standard in 1973! Add to this the matching painted trailer and this is the baddest boat on the water.

If you're looking for a special boat that is stable on the water, fast and a total head-turner, this is your boat. It is a real piece of boating-history, all updated with current mechanical and electrical.

Ghost
08-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Lol!

Morgan's Cloud
08-13-2013, 06:48 AM
My brother had one of these for a few years and I helped freshen it up when he got it.
I certainly would not describe it as built like a tank. Hull was maybe a bit better than a same period classic Donzi but the deck flexed easily when walked on.

Nice Jim Wynne hull but it really could have used powertrim , something the 270 didn't have.

Carl C
08-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Dig that groovy shag carpet! :pimp:

woobs
08-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Very nice looking boat.

drick
08-17-2013, 01:07 PM
nice boat ...why do i always see boats for sale here and someone always has to post something they see from their view is wrong with it !! if you can't say any thing good ..then shut up and go talk about your own boat ...

bertsboat
08-17-2013, 09:18 PM
touché

nice boat ...why do i always see boats for sale here and someone always has to post something they see from their view is wrong with it !! if you can't say any thing good ..then shut up and go talk about your own boat ...

Carl C
08-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Is saying that it is built better than a same period Donzi and noting the shag carpet putting the boat down? C'mon, lighten up a little.:pizza:

olredalert
08-18-2013, 10:39 AM
----Looks like a Pontiac hood tach on the dash. Wonder if it is???......Bill S