PDA

View Full Version : battery tender

gero1
08-06-2013, 09:11 AM
I need to put a battery tender in the boat and was wondering what brand to buy

Offset
08-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I have used the Deltrans "Battery Tender" for over 10 years on my Corvette (battery is now 10 years old as well) and found they work very well, I used it in my Donzi over the winters as well. The have a waterproof/vibration proof unit that is intended for marine use. Not expensive but seem to be very well constructed.

That would be my choice again and I have two of them.

CHACHI
08-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I also have been using the Deltran tender, no complaints.

Mine is not mounted in the boat, mounted on the wall in the boathouse.

Ken

Stevo440
08-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I also have been using the Deltran Battery Tenders on my cars and boat since 1996 they work very well and the battery on my Donzi was over 10yrs old when I replaced it. They also have a great repair/exchange policy whenever one craps out I just send them back and Walla they send me a new unit, I have 3 units and have sent 2 back over the years. There are many other companies selling these units these days so the choice is your's.

Good Luck
Steve

mc donzi
08-14-2013, 08:20 AM
I use a Deltran 'Junior' on my '34 Ford street rod for the winter. I have it on a timer( about 3 hours/day) just to keep it topped up. Works well.

My 22C has dual batteries. I'm going to buy a Deltran '2 Bank Charger' and hook it up the same way. The batteries are getting too heavy to lift in and out to protect them from the :canada: winters.

Hope this helps.