PDA

View Full Version : kayak with out a navigation light.

joseph m. hahnl
07-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Well I almost ran over a guy in a kayak last night:embarasse . We went for as stroll around the lake about 10 pm. I was going 1200Rpm" no more the 10mph" bow running tall. So me and my girl are chatting and enjoying the knight. As I looked over at her all of a sudden there was a guy illuminated by my transom light and wake, back paddling for his life. I never saw him. I don't know what people think, No moon absolutely no illumination at all:bonk:
Perhaps this person, has seen the light:idea:
" three puns intended":doh:

Capevettes
07-05-2013, 10:40 AM
I see alot of stupidity like that on our lake. A few days ago I was on my daily morning run around the lake in my 18 and there was a guy swimming across the middle of the lake. Fortunately, I was just idling along but I pulled up next to him to inform him that he seemed to have very little regard for his life. He was impossible to see until you were right on top of him. Just glad I wasn't at about 4,500 RPM's.

f_inscreenname
07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Sad thing is you would be the one who was wrong.
It's like those towns that say pedestrians have the right of way in cross walks. Some people use them like they were still on the sidewalk. Never looking, just going. I personally wont walk out in front of a truck / car just because the law says I have a right to without looking and making sure they are going to stop. I would rather be alive then telling Peter at the pearly gates, "but there is a law against that". :wink:

penbroke
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
He was stupid. You were lucky. . .

~frank~

joseph m. hahnl
07-06-2013, 07:57 AM
He was stupid. You were lucky. . .

~frank~

I got to say, even the smartest person in the world, can make a poor decision. Using the light of faith to navigate through life may not pan out that well, when others are completely in the dark.:boggled:

I would say we were both ............:lookaroun:..............."fortunate"