PDA

View Full Version : 1996 22 Donzi Classic I

BlakeSullivan
07-02-2013, 10:34 AM
We have owned this boat for a few years now, I bought it from a gentleman in Tennessee where it only had 89 hours run time on the 502 Mpi. From there I pulled the motor since I had a brand new ( not rebuilt ) Mercury 500 EFi to install. I spent all winter rewiring the entire engine bay , took off the black-hawk drive and installed a new bravo XZ , along with dual batteries and sea strainer. The boat now has 210 hours and has been stored inside and flushed after every use. Some of the upgrades include
. Custom Shelby hatch from Donzi direct
. Stainless Marine Heads-up display
. Shelby shifter pod, with livorsi throttle
. Mercruiser K-Planes with 280 plates
. JL speakers w/ clarion head unit
. 40 oz red carpet
. Livorsi Gauges & steering wheel
. Aluminum tandem axel trailer
. Full cover & cockpit cover
. Imco Hydraulic steering

I know I have missed something but feel free to call me @ 832-526-7295 Blake
$ 33,500 obo

Tidbart
07-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Wow. That is one sweet ride and priced right. Best of luck with the sale. Should not last long.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi Blake,
Could you show a few more pictures especially the engine bay? Also, I could not tell if the external steering is single or dual ram. Does the boat or trailer need anything done? I am trying to help a really good friend find a Donzi like yours this year. Bill

BlakeSullivan
07-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Bill , I will get you some more pictures in the next couple days, I will have to go to storage to take them . It is single ram external Imco. I just had new tires and brakes and leaf springs put on the trailer so it is good to go . Thanks

Conquistador_del_mar
07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks Blake,
I see it also has underwater LEDs. I will look forward to seeing some more pictures. I presume the graphics are decals - correct? Bill

BlakeSullivan
07-02-2013, 02:42 PM
No they were painted that way from donzi.

BlakeSullivan
07-02-2013, 02:43 PM
I think that was part of the Black-hawk edition , since the tank is moved back and the motor is higher up, Give me a call if you have any questions. Thanks

AGCF
07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Do you still have the blackhawk drive?

And, what is that thing showing the level of the trim tabs and trim of drive?

Just Say N20
07-02-2013, 04:24 PM

Very desirable mechanical drive/tab indicators. There is a physical cable connected to the trim tabs and the outdrive, so as the drive/tabs are trimmed, the indicators move up/down because of the physical connection, giving a very accurate indication of where they are.

BlakeSullivan
07-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Do you still have the blackhawk drive?

I do not have the drive anymore , It really did not interest me , and as Just Say N20 said they are trim indicators that cigarette uses , very easy to read and look cool as well. Thanks

Conquistador_del_mar
07-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Blake,
Thanks for the chat this afternoon. The man's name I was trying to remember is John Roebling who really got the multi-strand cable business going in the US. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your boat. My friend is out of town buying another friend's lakehouse at lake of the Ozarks this week, but he will get back to me soon. Bill

Marvair
07-02-2013, 08:00 PM
One of the nicest 22 on Texas coast. Has a Sweet Sound!
Good luck with the sale.

Marvin.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Blake,
As a followup I wanted to let you know that my friend has decided to wait until next year to get a boat. Good luck with the sale, Bill

fbinc
08-24-2013, 10:20 PM
You still have the 22 for sale?

We have owned this boat for a few years now, I bought it from a gentleman in Tennessee where it only had 89 hours run time on the 502 Mpi. From there I pulled the motor since I had a brand new ( not rebuilt ) Mercury 500 EFi to install. I spent all winter rewiring the entire engine bay , took off the black-hawk drive and installed a new bravo XZ , along with dual batteries and sea strainer. The boat now has 210 hours and has been stored inside and flushed after every use. Some of the upgrades include
. Custom Shelby hatch from Donzi direct
. Stainless Marine Heads-up display
. Shelby shifter pod, with livorsi throttle
. Mercruiser K-Planes with 280 plates
. JL speakers w/ clarion head unit
. 40 oz red carpet
. Livorsi Gauges & steering wheel
. Aluminum tandem axel trailer
. Full cover & cockpit cover
. Imco Hydraulic steering

I know I have missed something but feel free to call me @ 832-526-7295 Blake
$ 33,500 obo

fbinc
08-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Bill DId you used to have a18 classic a few years back?

Very desirable mechanical drive/tab indicators. There is a physical cable connected to the trim tabs and the outdrive, so as the drive/tabs are trimmed, the indicators move up/down because of the physical connection, giving a very accurate indication of where they are.

Mrling
08-29-2013, 03:33 PM
What kind of speeds do you reach with that 500 efi ?

not to many c22 with that power setup, good luck with the sale.