PDA

View Full Version : LGDCC Fall Family Picnic Sept 6th-8th 2013

mattyboy
07-02-2013, 07:55 AM
The LGDCC Fall Family Picnic (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/events/Event.Detail.asp?id=709724002)

mattyboy
08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
little over a month away, hard to believe the summer is going by this quickly.

This is the event we welcome all Donzi and other boats from lineage of of the golden days of Thunderboat Row . The car show is in town as well so there is plenty to see and do.

make your reservations now , and remember to mention to the twin bay village staff you are coming for the LGDCC picnic to receive your discount.

Twin Bay Village (http://www.twinbayvillage.com/)

get that recipe perfected the grills will be ready . there will be plenty of dock space but if you are going to stop by please give us a heads up so we can get you the right spot.

for the first time
We will be having a special auction at the picnic on some hard to come by items. These items were generously donated to the club to help fund raising by club member James Root. The club thanks you Rootsy!

This is a partial list all of the items will be auctioned off

a Morse shifter knob
assorted perko deck hardware including
nav lights, drain plugs, switches and
some merc parts.

I will be adding some of my spare project parts as well.

we will post up a complete list of the items with pics shortly , if you are interested in an item let us know and we can arrange a phone call during the bidding.

looking fwd to seeing everyone

jl1962
08-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Settling into our second week in Glenburnie.

Supposed to be in the 40's tonight!

Nothing like a little October in August!

Looking forward to the Picnic, will bring water skis and snow skis......

mattyboy
08-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Jay
enjoy your vacation up there

if it is that cold at night when we are up there I have my spot all picked out, with a bottle of Courvoisier.

jl1962
08-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Looks nice.

I'll bring the cribbage board!

mattyboy
08-08-2013, 10:53 AM
looking fwd to it . we should have the 2014 LGDCC photo calendar ready for the picnic it will be a must have for the Donzi Classic fan for the upcoming holiday season.

working on a couple of new recipes too

mattyboy
08-10-2013, 11:01 AM
just watched this episode today , it's a great weekend friends, boating, food and eye candy

The Adirondack Nat'l on My Classic Car (http://www.myclassiccar.com/episode/17/23/)

mattyboy
08-20-2013, 07:02 AM
The calendar photo contest is complete and we should have the calendars at the picnic, it will be a great stocking stuffer for the person who loves Donzi classics and Lake George.

looking fwd to a weekend off.

mattyboy
08-31-2013, 09:42 AM
just a week away

the calendars are in and they are awesome they will be available at the picnic and are the perfect stocking stuffer.

we will also have an auction with some hard to find items for that restoration project.

The weather looks to be great and even if it turns wild like last year Our New Venue will able to host us in comfort and style.

We would like to thank all who participated in the photo contest all of the photos were great . it was hard to pick the winners some pictures were great but didn't print well wish we could have used them Again Thank You all!!!!!!

jl1962
08-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Cool beans!

BTW - Matty, I have about a 2" thick file of Donzi related stuff Tony Sporer recently sent to me. I'll bring it up.

RockyS18
09-05-2013, 06:24 PM
What's the agenda for the event? Such as times I should be at certain places.

:crossfing: for good weather

mattyboy
09-06-2013, 06:51 AM
We will be at twin bay village from noon on Saturday some people are pulling in today at various times. So if you are out there swing by. Twin bay is the bay just north of the Algonquin and Chics.

yembo77
09-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Well the truck is packed and we may or may not have a boat behind it! Fingers crossed. But like you said, Matty, any weekend in lake George is better than a weekend anywhere else! We'll be there and hope to meet some cool people, have a great time, and see plenty of Donzis! We're heading out from north Jersey at about 7 tonight, so we expect to be there before 11.

Seeya then!,
Matt

Kirbyvv
09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm cruising down by boat and shooting for noonish. Hopefully it's not as rough as it's been the last 2 years for the picnic.

mattyboy
09-08-2013, 07:01 AM
The club would like to thank all who came. It was a great time with good friends and food. I'll post a recap and some pics when I get home

jl1962
09-08-2013, 04:15 PM
I'll kick it off, Matty

A great weekend w/ old friends and lots of new.

Great food (what was in that London Broil marinade?) and great boating, well a few sprinkles Saturday afternoon and a little rough Sunday AM. But Friday PM and Saturday AM were awesome. And I managed a ride on the Saris Racing (recently retired) Kryptonite - Thanks, Johnny!

Here are a few pix, David and Nora's most excellent Cig 20 (thanks for the ride), Red Boat calm (Saturday AM) and Red Boat snotty (Sunday AM)

jl1962
09-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Double Vision?

Not on Lake George - plenty of old Donzis. Here is my boat w/ Patrick's boat. Crawled up forward to try to get a hull #, maybe 414, but too many screws in the way.

Big thanks of course to Scott and Tammy and Matty and Marie for doing all the heavy lifting!

mattyboy
09-10-2013, 06:33 PM
a few random thoughts

it was a great weekend nice to see old friends and to meet new ones

Jay thanks to you and all who came up.

It was made plainly clear to me Marie likes two stripes more than one

the new venue was great when the temp drops to 35 degrees or it decides to rain at bit during the day

sometimes I forget how picturesque the lake really is

BEEF it's what's for dinner

mattyboy
09-10-2013, 06:37 PM
some more

RockyS18
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
We had a great time, special thanks to David for a ride on his beautiful Cig 20!

snowboater
09-11-2013, 02:58 PM
No problem EJ glad to have you aboard! Nora and I had a great time. We met a great group of people. Thank you Jay for my first ride in a 16 ,it was great fun! Thanks to Matty and Scott and their better halves for putting on a very nice gathering.