PDA

View Full Version : OK, so I bought an anchor for my 16....

John C in PA
06-30-2013, 07:21 PM
I read the old posts and will probably store the anchor on the Port side of the motor well. Where is the best place to tie off? I don't know if the lifting ring is good for side loads and, in rough water, I don't think climbing out on the front deck to reach the trailering ring is too smart :biggrin:.

John C

Ghost
06-30-2013, 10:22 PM
You could probably tie a knot in a bight, run through the bow eye. Then take cleat it off further aft somewhere, as a safety.

Just an idea. I had a couple of drinks before thinking of it. :)

yeller
07-01-2013, 12:18 AM
You have to climb out on the front deck to reach the lifting ring, so why not use the trailering ring. In my opinion, this is the best place to tie off on a Classic. Why would you want to tie to the lifting ring and have the line chafe the gel and rub rail? I always tie off to the trailer ring except for the odd occasoin when I use the tie-down rings on the transum. Used this method for my 16C and 22C

.......if you lay on your belly, it's really not that difficult to reach the trailering ring.....even in rough water.

mattyboy
07-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Bow eye is the best. The lift ring has issues like yeller said plus you need a chock to hold line straight on the nose and the nav light is in the way. I have the chafe marks to prove it
Like mike said one 10 foot line tied to the bow eye then another 25 foot line tie each line to the anchor when the anchor sets tie the 25 foot line to the grab rail when it is time to go pull the 25 footer up until you get the anchor line get the anchor onboard then untie the 3 lines an tie off the bow line to the rail. With the right combo of loops and clips it can be done from in the boat might need a little longer line than 10 on the bow whatever gets you to the rail.

pipnit
07-01-2013, 04:32 PM
You have to climb out on the front deck to reach the lifting ring, so why not use the trailering ring. In my opinion, this is the best place to tie off on a Classic. Why would you want to tie to the lifting ring and have the line chafe the gel and rub rail? I always tie off to the trailer ring except for the odd occasoin when I use the tie-down rings on the transum. Used this method for my 16C and 22C

.......if you lay on your belly, it's really not that difficult to reach the trailering ring.....even in rough water.

This

John C in PA
07-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I was thinking more of dropping and setting the hook during rough weather. Been there, done that in my cuddy boat with a deck hatch. And my wife at the helm. During a flash thunder storm in the St. Lawrence. I think they heard me yelling commands a mile away :biggrin:.

I appreciate the input.

John C