PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Light for a 1972 restoration

Wet Vette
06-27-2013, 04:29 PM
I nearing the end of a long restoration of my 1972 18. after stringer replacement, tank ,paint, drive finally the deck is back on the hull. I've been very fussy with everything so far but can't find a decent looking telescoping anchor light anywhere similar to the original. the current Perko's have a black base and top. Does anyone know where I can get a decent anchor light?

I hope to be in the water within 2 weeks!

Conquistador_del_mar
06-29-2013, 07:51 PM
I had to get a new light head for my old 1971 anchor light and modified it to fit the pole. Does yours look like this one? Bill

JimG
06-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Perko still makes the teardrop shaped base but no longer in telescoping, as far as I can tell. It is now a plug in style, but at least the shape is the same and the holes line up...

Wet Vette
07-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Conquestador- thanks for the reply. My original looked identical to what you have in the picture. That, unfortunately, disappeared when I did the last restoration about 20 years ago. since then I had a Perko that wasn't as nice as that but was fine. the perko's around now just don't look right to me.

JIMG- Thanks for the reply. I was hoping not to have to store an extra part with the 18's being storage challenged.

JimG
07-02-2013, 05:57 AM
I hear ya. I did not want to either but could not find a decent telescoping light. If I ever run across one I will grab it and replace the one I have. At least I won't have to redrill...