PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here familiar with a Turbo-M prop?

JayZ
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
One came up for sale down the street and I am thinking about giving it a try.

I am currently running the viper 21p that came with my 330 horse 22 with the king out back. I should be pushing around 420 horse or so with the 502.

Current best speed is about 65 with a full tank and 2 adults at about 4300 rpm. (measured on gps). Motor is broken in now and spinning a little higher so I might be hitting higher rpm and I think we are running about 68 or so.

Forgot to mention the turbo m is a 3 blade 24 pitch

Stevo440
06-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Never heard of a Turbo-M prop maybe the M you are refering to stands for a hub/gearcase size identification. Ask for more info on the prop and/or get the full number embossed in the prop for identification. There is a Turbo-1, Turbo Vector, TXP, Lightning, etc... no single letter designation.

JayZ
06-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Never heard of a Turbo-M prop maybe the M you are refering to stands for a hub/gearcase size identification. Ask for more info on the prop and/or get the full number embossed in the prop for identification. There is a Turbo-1, Turbo Vector, TXP, Lightning, etc... no single letter designation.

...turned out to be a left hand prop so not going to work anyway.

smokediver
06-06-2013, 08:27 AM
I think that's a Yamaha designation. The M. If I am not mistaken turbo was purchased by Yamaha.

tmdog
06-07-2013, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=smokediver;640218The M. If I am not mistaken turbo was purchased by Yamaha.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct. Yamaha owns Turbo for the past several years.