PDA

View Full Version : Updates and Refresh to my 38 Comp

Tom A.
05-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Some of you have already seen the pics on OSO but I wanted to share them here and give a big shout out to Ron Potter at Potter Performance for getting the boat and trailer back to brand new! After ten years she needed a little freshening!
I am very happy with the way she turned out!

On the Boat:
Wet Sand, buff out and re-wax entire boat.
Install new sea strainers.
Fix a whole list of misc. items including check engines, refresh a set of heads, and replace bad computers.
New Cockpit cover.
New hatch decal

On the Trailer:
New brakes, lines and master cylinder.
New tires
New bunks
All new hardware

Conquistador_del_mar
05-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Very nice! Not being familiar with that model, is there a functional berth forward of the cockpit? Bill

biggiefl
05-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Hell in Florida's sun and salt water we pretty much do that once a year. :bonk:

roadtrip se
06-01-2013, 09:41 AM
How many hours on the Potter Power? I ask because I have one of his beasts in my engine bay. Boat looks great!

gcarter
06-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Very nice! Not being familiar with that model, is there a functional berth forward of the cockpit? Bill

Bill, there's probably a potty for the girls when you're 20 miles off shore.;)

Tom A.
06-02-2013, 11:11 PM
As for under the deck, I got a porta-potti mounted under the one hatch and that area has a floor where I have two big tupperware bins strapped down with all the gear. The rest of the under deck forward of the next bulkhead is unfinished.

The Potter motors have been great. He built them for me in 2008, one motor I had a blower come apart in 2010 (not Ron's fault and we replaced both to be safe) and this year I had a valve seat go bad on the other motor. Other than that they have been flawless and pull like a bear. I was having idle problems so we checked everything over this winter on them and that is how we found the bad valve seat and two bad computers (10 years old and again not Ron's fault).