PDA

View Full Version : Adirondack Roundup July 11-15 2013

BUIZILLA
05-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Please join us on beautiful Lake George NY as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Thunderboat Row! All boats from the Thunderboat Row heritage are invited, we hope to see you there!

Our host hotel, the Treasure Cove Resort, has set aside rooms for our group.
Dockage will be available on a first come, first serve basis, with plenty of
room available in the parking lot also for boats on trailers. Please contact the
hotel as soon as possible to reserve your room. They can be reached at 518-668-5334.

On Friday July 12 (well, OK so some of us will be there Thursday July 11, feel
free to join us LOL) launch your boats and spend the day enjoying the sights on
the lake. Friday evening we are heading into town to sample the nightlife and
great restaurants the area has to offer. Not to worry, we will ensure you get
home safely as we have arranged for transportation into and back from town so
you can enjoy yourself with no worries about finding your way home. There are
arcades and other child friendly places in town, so bring your kids and enjoy
all the town has to offer.

Saturday we are headed into town for a relaxing breakfast, then its time to go
boating! We will be heading North to the farthest end of the lake to enjoy the
scenery and serenity the area has to offer. The North end of the lake has much
less traffic, and is a spectacular place that few rarely see. Fuel is available
for those of you with smaller tanks or thirstier boats. A late lunch at The
Boathouse on the way back, and then you are on your own to cruise, ski, swim or
head to the docks and compare notes and of course, boat bling with your friends.

Saturday night please join us on the dock at Treasure Cove for a catered dinner
under the stars. BYOB, we will provide cups, ice, great company and music for
your pleasure. We are seeking donations for a silent auction, please bring
something for the event. All proceeds from the auction go to the Double H
Ranch.

Sunday? Well,it's a mystery to us to. Another casual breakfast, and then we can
decide what those of us who are staying for the day will be headed out to do.
Boating, head to the go carts, (horror of horrors) shopping with your
significant other, whatever we do we will have a blast.

Entry fee for the event is 60.00. This covers an event T shirt, and Saturday
nights dinner. You will also receive a receipt for a 20.00 donation to the Double H Ranch.

FASTEDDIE
07-02-2013, 06:40 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun and you can't find a more beautiful venue or a better weather scene. 32 miles of crystal clear waters that allow you to see the fish at 30 feet depths is a once in a lifetime experience. Throw in 175 Islands and some of the best restaurants, a trip to the top of Prospect Mountain to where you can see for 100 miles and for a carload its only $10 bucks. Visit Fort William Henry and learn all about the French and Indian and English soldiers verus our local farmers as they fought for our freedom. 10 miles to Adirondack Extreme Park where you can challange your self on Zip lines strung through out the Adirondack forest with three degrees or difficulty or visit the world class resort,The Sagamore Hotel built in 1885 and have Lunch in Mr.Browns Pub,which just received a million dollar renovation. Visit the Outlet stores for a bargin price on name brand items, play minature golf, race go Karts or hit baseballs. Many game Arcades or visit the House of Frankinstein. Have an old time photo taken with all your friends. Wanna see a rodeo Friday night with a Barbecue first? We even have white water rafting down the Hudson River if your really looking for excitement That's just a small sampling of what available just 10 miles from your Hotel, not enough time to do everything so join us at the Adirondack Round Up and have a ball. I'll be there, I wouldn't miss it and please bring an item for the auction. Double H Hole in the Woods is a camp for Children with incurable diseases started in 1993 by Paul Neuman and local entrepreneur,Charles Wood. A wonderful cause to dedicate the meet to. See you all there. Call now for reservations.

DON N.
07-03-2013, 07:18 AM
I will see you there ed !

Anybody else going ?

jl1962
07-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Not enough weekends in the summer - I'll be in Maine collecting my daughter at camp.

Wishing you all well and hoping (perhaps) for reunification in 2014 :crossfing:

Happy Fourth!

Kirbyvv
07-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm out of town until late on Friday, but am working on family logistics to join in on Saturday. If all works, I'll try and meet up with the run at the northern end, as long as you go far enough north, Rogers Rock.

seabuddy
07-04-2013, 06:12 AM
seabuddy will be there. I want to meet everyone.

Ed Donnelly
07-07-2013, 12:52 AM
If I can bum a ride I would love to attend....Ed

BUIZILLA
07-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Bob, Donna and I would like to personally thank the attendees who joined us in Lake George NY and supported the first annual Adirondack Roundup.

As you may know, the purpose of this years event was to promote the good work the Double H Ranch is doing for children with serious illnesses, and raise some money to help them with their mission. For those of you unfamiliar with their work, The Double H Ranch, located in New York’s Adirondack Park, is a demonstration of the commitment and generosity of philanthropist Charles R. Wood and actor Paul Newman. Since the Double H officially opened its doors on July 4, 1993, it has served over 20,000 children dealing with life-threatening illnesses from around the world. It was the second “Hole in the Wall Camp” in what has become a worldwide network of not-for-profit recreational and therapeutic experiences for children with serious illness.

Perfect weather, great boating, excellent food and GREAT friends old and new made this a weekend for the records. Mother nature cooperated as only she can with sunny days, clear waters and a spectacular couple of evenings under the stars. The boats were beautiful, the running unimpaired, and the scenery was incredible.

The Donzi Marine Restoration Society is thrilled to announce we were able to donate $1,400.00 to the Double H Ranch . Thank you again for your generosity, we hope to see you at next years roundup July 17 - 20, 2014 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/x-apple-data-detectors://2/)!

Scott (Madpoodle)

BUIZILLA
07-20-2013, 07:25 PM
I’d like to start by saying a big "THANK YOU” to Scott Baxter ( Poodle ) and DMRS for all your support with the Adirondack Roundup held on Lake George. I would also like to thank John and the staff @ Treasure Cove for the pleasurable accommodations. A very special Thanks to all who made donations to our silent auction, and to those who bid on the items.

On behalf of DMRS and Adirondack Roundup we are pleased to announce that a certified check was mailed to Double H Ranch in the amount of $1,400.00.
I am excited to say that the support we received was overwhelming and much appreciated.
It was nice to see old friends and make new ones.

I would like to clarify that this group was formed by people that have a love for boating on the lake, enjoying friendly faces, and helping out local charities. All performance boating enthusiast are WELCOME!!!!
There are no initiation fees, however there is a registration fee to cover the cost of the catering expense. ALL other proceeds go directly to local charities. A treasurers report will follow after each and every event to show the support given to the charity of choice.

The actual run itself, which was held on Saturday, proved to be very enjoyable as local authorities fully cooperated with its participants. It wasn't as though we went unnoticed as we ran Donzi's, Cigarette's, Formula's and Fountain's which ranged from 20ft to 38ft.
Oh, and let's not forget one "BANGZI" ! Lol... Thanks for all of the laughs Donny... Love ya man!!!

Thanks to all for a SUCCESSFUL event!
Looking forward to next year
Bob Haver