PDA

View Full Version : '87 Z-21 Best Offer

DTM
05-17-2013, 02:21 PM
I have to let go of my '87 Z-21.... I have put lots of work and money onto it. It has new:

custom upholstery
rebuilt rear seat frame (higher back style)
totally rebuilt 350 (+.030) 4 bolt main with aluminum intake (~320HP)
new carb
new starter
custom valve covers with vented oil catch cans
new battery dual charger
new SS prop
stereo & 4 JBL speakers (with remote station)
SS lines for trim
rear lift actuator
new dual Optima batteries (on select switch)
traile disc brakes
trailer bunks and carpet
trailer tires
trailer surge master cylinder
trailer LED lights

Now the bad news.... Transom is rotted where outdrive passes through. Thought it was just the seal but wood needs to be replaced and re-glassed (can be done from the inside). Received a price of ~$2,500 to do all the work (correctly). This included pulling engine and all attachements to transom (steering etc..) removing rotted area and replacing and re-glassing and reinstalling everything......

I just do not want to put the money into the boat as we are looking to get a pure ski boat and then maybe a Donzi Classic...

Boat is located north of Atlanta (on trailer that is in perfect shape to tow anywhere)...

Let me know of you are interested and make an offer...

Just Say N20
05-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Do you have some pictures you could post of the boat?

They really help people make a purchase decision!

Thanks.

Greg
05-18-2013, 10:39 AM
If you need to replace the transom I recommend a product called seacast. I just had the transom re-done on my 21' Scarab and the stuff is bullet proof. The cost is not much more than you were quoted. Check out the weebsite. A guy in Saginaw Mi. did the work for me and did an excellent job. Hope this helps someone. Good luck with your sale.