PDA

View Full Version : Engine ready to go back in

Bobby D
05-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Down to a few punch-list items and the motor will be going back in the boat next week. I’m considering installing it fully assembled with the exhaust on is there any tips or advice? Or am I wasting time and better off installing the exhaust after its in the boat? The only difference from last year is the crank mounted water pump and fuel pressure regulator was added to the front of the engine.

joseph m. hahnl
05-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Down to a few punch-list items and the motor will be going back in the boat next week. I’m considering installing it fully assembled with the exhaust on is there any tips or advice? Or am I wasting time and better off installing the exhaust after its in the boat? The only difference from last year is the crank mounted water pump and fuel pressure regulator was added to the front of the engine. I followed GC's advise and tricked it 90 degree to go through the hatch opening. I took the exhaust off before I took the engine out, and put it on in the boat. The water separator, slave solenoid bracket should be off and bungeed out of the way. Just measure to make sure you have the clearance. Very important that you allow the engine to be able to swivel around. The lifting lugs front and rear of the manifold didn't work as well as the carb lifting plate for me. I also changed to a vortec intake manifold which made the lifting lugs obsolete.

miike
05-12-2013, 02:49 PM
I dropped mine in with the manifolds on and risers off. Then I don't have to bend the crap out of the exhaust hose to get it on. Just slip it into the thru hulls, clamp it on, and wiggle on the risers, bolt down, then clamp.

gcarter
05-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I got this out of the Minx just as you see it. It was tight, but came out in one piece.
I did take the PS pump off first so I didn't have to dump the PS fluid.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34764&d=1205500979

Kirbyvv
05-13-2013, 08:12 AM
I have pulled and replaced mine in the X-18 with the exhaust on. It takes a bit of wiggling.

Bobby D
05-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Decided to install the motor without the exhaust and make it easy on myself.

Bobby D
05-24-2013, 01:37 PM
That’s it ready to go and should run pretty good.

Donzi_Dude
05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
looks sweet!

wachta gone done to er'?

SanDogDewey
05-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Good looking installation! Nice and clean.

Bobby D
05-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Not sure if this is going to work but here is a short video taken yesterday at the house.

Just Say N20
05-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Sounds great! Nice job. So, when does it get wet?

I am anxious to get the performance figures; prop, speed vs rpms, etc. Sort of a predictor of what I have to look forward to.

Every day I have been able to paint my outdrive, which is hanging from a tree, it has been pouring. I have 1 more coat of white, and a couple of coats of clear to paint before I can put the outdrive back on and start it for MY first time.