PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Turbo TXP without vent holes?

tamburello
05-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Does Turbo make a version of the TXP without vent holes? Their FXP doesn't have vent holes so maybe it's the same as the TXP but w/o vent holes.

- Jeff

Greg Guimond
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I believe the TXP's came in both 3 and 4 blade options, and yes they did come with vent holes.

roadtrip se
05-04-2013, 10:53 PM
The TXP comes standard with vent holes. You can get it without them. Talk to Chris Booe.

tamburello
05-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks guys!

- Jeff

MOP
05-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Curious why you want one without the vents, during the initial testing I did with OMC only if the holes were to big was there any problem. The over sized holes caused some blow but only during acceleration, stock from any manufacturer should not. The benefit is much quicker hole shot with -0- effect on top speed. See if you can get the plastic plugs that is an easy way to do a comparison, IMO you will go back to the vents.

Phil

roadtrip se
05-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Curious why you want one without the vents, during the initial testing I did with OMC only if the holes were to big was there any problem. The over sized holes caused some blow but only during acceleration, stock from any manufacturer should not. The benefit is much quicker hole shot with -0- effect on top speed. See if you can get the plastic plugs that is an easy way to do a comparison, IMO you will go back to the vents.

Phil

On the TXP, the vent holes were designed for bass boat applications, where ventilation while coming on plane is more necessary. I tested early prototype versions of this prop, and the ventilated ones would spin like crazy, before popping up. The vent holes are pretty aggressive. And the problem with the little plastic hole plugs is that they don't stay in place for very long. I didn't see any difference while at speed between ventilated versus non-ventilated. Like anything prop related, your results may vary.