PDA

View Full Version : Splashing the 22 project "teal-a-monster"

JayZ
05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Hoping to splash this weekend. I am only a year behind schedule! I am sure I will have some bugs and tuning to work out but wish me luck!

Offset
05-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Best of luck with the maiden voyage. If there are any issues I hope they are little ones.

Have fun. :wavey::wavey:

Conquistador_del_mar
05-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Got to love the name - lol.

duckhunter
05-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Best of luck on your sea trials!

Behind schedule and over budget seem to be the nature of boat projects...

Ghost
05-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Good luck this weekend...

gcarter
05-04-2013, 09:03 AM
I wish you well!

miike
05-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Good luck, what prop are you running? Have you broken in cam yet?

JayZ
05-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Boat floated and ran but we had a few issues...

It looks like my freshly rebuilt alternator got cooked somehow and we weren't getting enough voltage to power my high powered HEI ignition. The boat wanted to stall at low rpm and the one time I got up on plane we had some backfiring...

After running it for a while the ignition switch wouldn't work to shut off the engine. ...at first it would shut it off then it would delay shutting off and then I couldn't shut down the motor until I pulled power from the coil.

Alternnator back at rebuild shop and I hope that fixes things...

Team Jefe
05-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Well have lots of stuff to do this summer bubba. Get those bugs worked out!!

BUIZILLA
05-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Boat floated and ran but we had a few issues...

It looks like my freshly rebuilt alternator got cooked somehow and we weren't getting enough voltage to power my high powered HEI ignition. The boat wanted to stall at low rpm and the one time I got up on plane we had some backfiring...

After running it for a while the ignition switch wouldn't work to shut off the engine. ...at first it would shut it off then it would delay shutting off and then I couldn't shut down the motor until I pulled power from the coil.

Alternnator back at rebuild shop and I hope that fixes things... the alternator CAN cause a non-shutoff issue...

JayZ
05-08-2013, 02:34 PM
alternator was completely cooked! rebuilt now and seems to be working but I have a intermittent voltage problem that I am working on. ...pretty close and I think I will try again this evening.

JayZ
05-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Well have lots of stuff to do this summer bubba. Get those bugs worked out!!

Bring it!

JayZ
05-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Spun her up to about 59 mph with a 14.5 21p viper prop. I think we spun up to about 4400 rpm or so. Hoping to try a different wheel pretty soon.

Still have a bit of a voltage fluctuation I am trying to figure out but i am getting close.

JimG
05-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Glad to hear you are getting her wet!

Let's go!

JayZ
05-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear you are getting her wet!

Let's go!

Ran her around all weekend breaking the engine in and getting to know the boat and learning how to drive it. Fun Boat! Runs through the water pretty good. I think we got her up to about 68 mph at one point with 3 adults and about a 1/4 tank of gas. I've got an intermittent voltage problem coming off the alternator but I think I've isolated it but I have a few other problems including a water leak that I need to find.

I think I've already burned through about 40 gallons of fuel :boggled:. -bit different than our classic sailboat.