PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Classic 2+3 Hull Paint

bookm
05-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Greetings:
I have just completed soda blasting my Classic 18, and I'm looking for some guidance on paint. My boat had been painted sometime before I bought it in 2005; a cream color for the deck and hull, with red trim (not tangerine). I'm looking for original colors. If anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it.
bookm

thatgirl
05-14-2013, 07:02 AM
i just paint my 1980 18 foot classic and sprayed it with ppg single stage concept paint and it came out awsome local auto paint shop can mix any color aproximate $450.00 per gallon with hardener paint is bullet proff:italy: 0
Greetings:
I have just completed soda blasting my Classic 18, and I'm looking for some guidance on paint. My boat had been painted sometime before I bought it in 2005; a cream color for the deck and hull, with red trim (not tangerine). I'm looking for original colors. If anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it.
bookm

bookm
05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm told that some body shops have a device they can lay on existing paint (the deck, in this case) and match up exactly. That'll be my next move. Thanks for the info on the ppg paint.
bookm

gcarter
05-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Here's a (very) recent picture of my old Minx that I painted about 8 years ago.
I used BASF UNO HD which is a very similar product to Concept.
This boat now resides near Myrtle Beach where it's racked. That's the current owner's Matthews bow to the left of the picture.
Notice the shine of the deck stripe and sides after all this time. I painted this myself in my garage at home while on the original trailer. The color was matched to the original gel by the local automotive paint store.

katanna
05-14-2013, 12:52 PM
No picture :smash:

bookm
05-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Here's a (very) recent picture of my old Minx that I painted about 8 years ago.
I used BASF UNO HD which is a very similar product to Concept.
This boat now resides near Myrtle Beach where it's racked. That's the current owner's Matthews bow to the left of the picture.
Notice the shine of the deck stripe and sides after all this time. I painted this myself in my garage at home while on the original trailer. The color was matched to the original gel by the local automotive paint store.

http://mail.aol.com/37715-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=33753865&folder=OldMail&partId=3
Thanks for the help. I'm in Mooresville, NC (Race City for the next two weeks--if you're into NASCAR). I appreciate the referral on the paint. Step by step:this month, the hull. We'll wait till the fall for the deck. I very much appreciate the response.
bookm