PDA

View Full Version : SOLD! - 1979 25' Martini SS

Conquistador_del_mar
04-26-2013, 01:31 PM
I told my friend that I would mention that his Martini is for sale. Dean bought the Martini from me last year, but he bought another boat to run now. He just had it detailed and had the carburetor rebuilt and a new fuel pump installed. I saw it at our local detailer shop and it looks the same as when I sold it to him. He told me that he took it out about 8 or so times over the past year. I will give his number to anyone who might be interested if you email me at Dgill25960@aol.com - please do not PM me since my box is full. He is asking $15,000. Bill

Here are a couple threads about it.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?64237-1979-26-Martini&highlight=martini

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?67225-1979-25-Martini-SS&highlight=martini

Greg Guimond
04-26-2013, 07:27 PM
25 feet long, 7 feet wide, and 25 degrees of wave crushing pleasure. Someone will get a unique old school survivor :yes:

Conquistador_del_mar
05-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Dean had two buyers who responded to this thread and it appears the Martini is going to one of them. I actually wish it was staying in my area, but it will be going farther north. Bob will be getting a really nice time capsule old school beautiful boat - :yes: Bill

JimG
05-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Congrats on the sale! Might have been my favorite boat, among all of the fine ones that I've seen for sale on this site...

Conquistador_del_mar
05-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Jim,
I have to agree that it is a spectacular and unusual boat. It was hard for me to turn down buying it back from Dean, but I have too many boats right now. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
05-24-2013, 11:07 PM
It was a sort of sad day as the Martini pulled out today on its way up to Cincinatti. Bill

cottagesnorth
05-27-2013, 10:39 PM
The Martini wound up in Cincinnati yesterday, safe and sound! Bill and Dean, can't thank you enough for ALL of your help and understanding, plus working with the hauler. After re-attaching some items that worked loose (plus NEW tires! Can you believe they made it!!), we should be ready for a splash. It will head north to Mullett Lake, MI and stay on fresh water for as long as it resides in my boathouse. That said, for us up north the summer is just two months of bad ice!!! Can't wait to run it to Mackinac and over to the Les Cheneaux Islands. With that 25 degree deep V deadrise, I'm ready for a soft ride. Couldn't be happier with this time capsule and a real piece of history!!!:yes::nilly:

ITTLFLI
05-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Congrats on the Martini! Looks really nice!

Some of us Donzi and Cig guys will be on the river this Thursday night. We launch at Schmidt and head to Ludlow Bromley for dinner. Would love to see it in person.

Ghost
05-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Congrats, you have a real find there! -Mike

Conquistador_del_mar
05-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Bob, I'll bet you were shocked to see the "F" series tires on the trailer. I have to wonder when the letter system of tire sizing ended. I'm glad to hear that you like the Martini as much as Dean and I did. You might run into the original owner at some point since the boat spent the bulk of its life in Michigan. If I remember the story correctly, it only left Michigan about 5 years ago. Tony called me to let me know he made the drive successfully, but he did have to go through some heavy rain near St. Louis. Maybe that is the Martini's fate whenever it is going to a new owner - I had to go through heavy rain on my way back from Houston with it a couple years ago with lightning bolts striking all around us! Enjoy the boat with its 34 year old history and the fact that it was made next door to Donzi, Cigarette and Magnum. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
I received an email from one of the guys who was originally interested in the Martini that it is again for sale somewhere up north on Craigslist, but I can not seem to find the ad and Michael has not written back about where he saw it for sale. Greg, since you are the meister, maybe you can find the ad. Thanks, Bill

johnnywhale
08-11-2013, 04:13 PM
http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/3975565469.html

Greg Guimond
08-11-2013, 08:59 PM
I received an email from one of the guys who was originally interested in the Martini that it is again for sale somewhere up north on Craigslist, but I can not seem to find the ad and Michael has not written back about where he saw it for sale. Greg, since you are the meister, maybe you can find the ad. Thanks, Bill

My bot only hunts Warlock's lol. What's up with no price in the ad?

Conquistador_del_mar
08-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I was just wondering the same thing about the price. Thanks, Johnnywhale.