PDA

View Full Version : Minx # 59 : 1986 Honey and Red

ArielMinx
04-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Good Morning All: Due to health reasons, it's time for me to let my Minx go. I've posted previously (Topsy II), but changed due to "issues" with my yahoo account. Enough about that.... The Minx has newer interior (two years ago), new dash and gauges (S&S Marine), rewired, engine refreshed, new Manifolds, in-line baffles to the thru-hulls ( without effecting performance, just a bit quieter. Two stainless steel props, (a three blade and a Ron Hunt four blade)plus the original steering wheel will be included with the sale. Trailer is two years old and also included.

Never bottom painted, and hauled after every use. Was a Michigan Boat when I bought her, and only has about 50 hours of Salt water use. The engine was bored by the previous owner, I have some of the info on that, but not all the details.

Some minor gelcoat scratches that were present when I bought her, but nothing major to deal with.

Boat is in dry storage here in Ft. Myers. Asking $10,500.00. Also Selling my Jersey Speed Skiff, which will blow the Donzi out of the water top end...Funny, after "health stuff"..Momma just doesn't want me playing in "Go Fasts" anymore.

Anybody interested, please contact me through the Registry or directly via email.

Pete (ArielMinx)

duckhunter
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Nice looking boat, sorry you find yourself needing to sell her. I'm unfamiliar with the Minx, what drive is on there?

If you put up some pictures of the Jersey skiff I bet you'll get some interest on that here as well.

Good luck with your sale.

ArielMinx
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
It's an Alpha I drive, Mercruiser 350, Carborated. I honestly HATE having to part with her, but my Doc says it's time to go fishing, not racing!!

I'll get some pics posted of the Speed Skiff this week, it's a bored 283 Chevy, Dart Heads and totally worked Pistons, Full Cam, Demon 750 double pumper carb, Edlebrock Manifold. ( Not blue-printed, but likely close to 400 HP) It's a Bud Bender Hull, ( he was VERY well known and a highly regarded builder). Also installed a manually adjustable Cavitation plate, which improved handling BIG TIME.

Stringers were redone, reinforced, replaced the old race tank with a 20 gal. ( old one was only 10 Gal.), for weight and racing configuration. This is now more of a Vintage Race boat, as I didn't want to go the route of a Cage.

The only thing this boat needs is to have the deck partially re-painted, the Hull was redone with Awlgrip (Ferrari Red) four years ago. This is an 80MPH boat, I had her to about that on Lake Lanier a few years back, and "Backed off", she still had peddle left!!

Pete

Just Say N20
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I noticed that this Minx has the plexi-windscreen. This is worth mentioning because they do an awesome job of deflecting the wind over you, instead of into your face.

Very nice.

ron02simpson
04-29-2013, 09:39 PM
I'd like to discuss this Minx with you if still available. How can I reach you?

Ron Simpson
Oak Ridge, NC
ron02simpson@bellsouth.net

I'll get some pics posted of the Speed Skiff this week, it's a bored 283 Chevy, Dart Heads and totally worked Pistons, Full Cam, Demon 750 double pumper carb, Edlebrock Manifold. ( Not blue-printed, but likely close to 400 HP) It's a Bud Bender Hull, ( he was VERY well known and a highly regarded builder). Also installed a manually adjustable Cavitation plate, which improved handling BIG TIME.

Stringers were redone, reinforced, replaced the old race tank with a 20 gal. ( old one was only 10 Gal.), for weight and racing configuration. This is now more of a Vintage Race boat, as I didn't want to go the route of a Cage.

The only thing this boat needs is to have the deck partially re-painted, the Hull was redone with Awlgrip (Ferrari Red) four years ago. This is an 80MPH boat, I had her to about that on Lake Lanier a few years back, and "Backed off", she still had peddle left!!

Pete