PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Fire Type Starter

John C in PA
04-20-2013, 04:24 PM
I always wanted to do this and finally got around to installing the parts. The switch is water resistant, spring loaded to return from up (Start) to the center (Run) position. Push the red cover down to shutdown. I still need something to cover up the hole where the key was. I also installed a key lock type battery switch so no one can just jump in and fire it up.

John C in PA

gcarter
04-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Looks good!

To cover up the switch hole, how about a large red light that burns when the ignition is on?????

John C in PA
04-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Great idea George. There could be a situation where the ign is on but the motor not started. I won't likely not see a 7/8" diameter light.

John C

duckhunter
04-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Very cool, the covered toggles are nice. I've been debating doing the same thing, have the switches and LED indicators, just need to find time to do it after I get all of the other projects wrapped up.

For the bare spot in the dash, you might could patch it somehow and cover it with one of the raised Donzi emblems available at Donzi direct. Or throw another gauge in there. Or install a missile arming or countermeasures switch. Possibilities are endless...

John C in PA
04-20-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm going with a red light as George recommended. I'll use my label maker to label it "Ejection Seat". Cool, huh? The other ideas re: gun stuff I prefer to keep offline. Remember all the posts after Newtown? It got fairly ugly. I'm well prepared. Nuf said!

John C

Tidbart
04-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Try a black nylon hole plug, 7/8", and then mount a small light or led in the middle of that. Something like this: https://www.cacheturnexchange.com/uploaded/2012-10-12-imp_CT/800w5F217805F217805FS25FIMG5F002589.JPG

Will look like a light with trim ring. Just a thought.

B

Ghost
04-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Looks badass, I love it.

Greg Guimond
04-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Take the key hole area and mount a pop up mechanical trim angle indicator ............love the starter

John C in PA
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Update: I used a large diameter electric hole grommet to fill the key switch hole and inserted a red panel light in the grommet. Then wired the light to a dash light (which go on with ignition). Works good, looks good.

John C

gcarter
04-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Just a thought...........
If you were to wire the light down stream of the tether/safety switch, it would give an instant indicator if the safety switch were tripped (it would go off).
I don't know how many times folks have posted here about being stranded in the water, when the only thing wrong was the safety switch tether almost pulled off.

yeller
04-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Just a thought...........
If you were to wire the light down stream of the tether/safety switch, it would give an instant indicator if the safety switch were tripped (it would go off).
I don't know how many times folks have posted here about being stranded in the water, when the only thing wrong was the safety switch tether almost pulled off.Good idea George. When I first got my boat, it died when I was loading it on the trailer. Could not figure out why, so I posted on here. Exactly what you mentioned. Tether was still in place, but had been pulled just enough to trip the switch. Did I ever feel stupid. :bonk: