PDA

View Full Version : DONZI CLASSIC Cover on eBay

knots2u
03-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi all,

I have my last Classic c**kpit cover listed on ebay, here is the link... Donzi Cover (http://www.ebay.com/itm/290880877485?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

I was thinking of giving Scott (the Harbormaster :worthy:) a cut of the price for allowing me to post it here. After giving it some thought I remembered the old saying "money is the root of all evil", it is. I don't want to mess with his life, he is too great a guy. The money could also cause problems with his homelife, you know, "you're spending more money again on that dam boat?!?!". I'll bet everyone is familiar with the tone of those words!
What I thought I would do is just spring for a bunch of PBR's when I see Scott. With that said, Scott the next time you are in Bumphuck Maine look me up and I will honor what I said. I hope you like them warm as I keep them next to my coal stove, the additional warmth they give off helps heat the old cargo container I call home. Scott, you are the man!!!!

Safe boating!

Bob

Ghost
03-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Just a quick aside (and wholly separate from all the good that is your excellent note Bob), I just can't pass up an opportunity to b1tch-slap that stupid old saying, which has snuck into our vernacular. And thanks for cutting Scot in on some beers.

Money is not only not "the root of all evil," it is not the root of ANY evil. Real money is simply the stored fruit of productive labor.

Now, don't get me wrong. Evil is, of course, VERY interested in getting its hands on other people's money (and other nice and good things). But it would clearly be foolish to say "productive labor is the root of all evil." Now, if one said "stealing money" or just "stealing" is the root of all evil, THAT might me worth something.

Now, in this case, we all know what Bob meant when he used the phrase. There is no confusion. In his context, it makes sense even though technically incorrect. My objection to the saying has nothing to do with his well-intentioned use of it. Rather, it has to do with the abuse of the phrase (ironically, for evil).

Yes, of course this was off-topic. That's what 'aside' means. :)

But it's a horribly abused saying and it deserves to be killed. Or visibly modified to "THEFT is the root of all evil." And I'm on a crusade here. :)

biggiefl
03-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Funny Ad...somebody out there needs a teal cover for a right hand drive 18 w/o glass.

Just Say N20
03-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Money is not only not "the root of all evil," it is not the root of ANY evil. Real money is simply the stored fruit of productive labor.

Yes, of course this was off-topic. That's what 'aside' means. :)

But it's a horribly abused saying and it deserves to be killed. Or visibly modified to "THEFT is the root of all evil." And I'm on a crusade here. :)

Mike, Mike, Mike. You surprised me. I thought for sure you were going to make a correction to the actual phrase quoted, which is wrong.

It is from the Bible verse 1 Timothy 6:10, "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.” (emphasis added).

mike o
04-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Bob, I didnt know you went to Princeton.......:biggrin:
Shea went to Harvard........:yes: (Facebook)

Ghost
04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Bill, I never knew that. Don't think I'd ever heard the original until I read your post. Interesting...

knots2u
04-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey Mike,
I spent a few days at Haavard, I was hitch-hiking to Maine and ended up staying on the campus. What years was Shea there?

Bob

mike o
04-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Not sure Bob . Knowing Shea, it could have a weekend Pub Crawl in Harvard SQ :kingme:

Bump for a great deal on a cover from the master ;). If it was Black, it be mine. Probably fit a 16 with a little alteration ?

Ghost
04-09-2013, 12:20 PM
weekend Pub Crawl in Harvard SQ

Danger: hurricane/scorpion bowling at that Chinese place.

Greg Guimond
04-09-2013, 05:38 PM
That would be Aku Aku ..........