PDA

View Full Version : Gorge Run Dates!

The Hedgehog
03-14-2013, 07:43 AM
The Gorge Run is going to be the weekend of July 27. The fun starts earlier in the week. We are slated to do the run to Goose Pond again on Fri and Chattanooga on Sat.

Get your rooms while they are hot. I mean now! A softball tourney started poaching some of our stuff so our selection is down this year but we are good so far. If you run into trouble pm me. I can help but don't ask me to simply make your reservation?

duckhunter
03-14-2013, 08:47 AM
The whole duckhunter crew is all in and FIRED UP!!! Cabin #1 is reserved Wed-Mon and the boat might even be back together by July...

For those that are on the fence I will give a plug for this event and for the Donzi community at large. I signed us up for the Gorge Run last summer not knowing anybody and with very limited info. My wife and I invited our friends up from FL and figured even if the event was a bust we would have a good time in Chatt. We showed up at Hale's, unloaded the truck, and launched the boat. Within 45 minutes we were running up the gorge with a bunch of strangers that welcomed us into their community and made us feel at home. I really can't stress enough what a great group of folks this is. We knew by the second day of the run that this was going to be an annual event for us, and we scheduled our summer around it this year.

Here's a pic from last year - we got a pretty solid 30min head start from Goose Pond back to Chatt to try and arrive at the lock with everyone else. One of the girls turned around to get a pic of our wake and noticed the wolf pack knockin' on our back door. This was followed by a bunch of flybys....

duckhunter
03-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Ok, I replied to this earlier today but the forum ate my post again.

Bottom line - we'll be there! Floating cabin 1 is booked!

roadtrip se
03-15-2013, 10:53 AM
We'll be there. Wouldn't miss it. I have a date with one of the deadliest smokers in the South, but after several years and a close call or two, it hasn't taken me out yet! Delmonicos for everyone Saturday night! A-Dock will rock, so keep the Bushwackers flowing!

For those of you that have never been, the boating is awesome, the setting beyond relaxed, and the party at night will hurt you. The place even has ghosts for the fans of the paranormal! Perfect! Bring it.

duckhunter
03-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Anyone ever tried making Bushwhackers with moonshine? If not I might bring a little something special this year...

BUIZILLA
03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
land cabin booked... :rlol: :wavey:

Sunchaser1997
03-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Is everyone staying at Hales Bar? Friday, riding to Goose Pond and returning, or overnight there?

duckhunter
03-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Is everyone staying at Hales Bar? Friday, riding to Goose Pond and returning, or overnight there?

Not sure what the exact schedule is for this year, but last year was a show up Thurs leave Sun or Mon kind of deal. The lunch run to Goose Pond and back is almost an all-day affair. Saturday was a run up the gorge into Chatt and then rafting up for the afternoon, followed by a blowout at A-dock at Hale's.

Lots of archived threads that have some details on previous gorge runs, worth a read.

We're showing up on Weds and leaving Mon. It's a ridiculously good time with a lot of great folks.

Sunchaser1997
03-31-2013, 06:43 PM
The whole duckhunter crew is all in and FIRED UP!!! Cabin #1 is reserved Wed-Mon and the boat might even be back together by July...

Here's a pic from last year - we got a pretty solid 30min head start from Goose Pond back to Chatt to try and arrive at the lock with everyone else. One of the girls turned around to get a pic of our wake and noticed the wolf pack knockin' on our back door. This was followed by a bunch of flybys....

Was one of the Wolf Pack running up on you a 1997 27-Zx piloted by Mr. Rose?

Sunchaser1997
04-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
"Here's a pic from last year - we got a pretty solid 30min head start from Goose Pond back to Chatt to try and arrive at the lock with everyone else. One of the girls turned around to get a pic of our wake and noticed the wolf pack knockin' on our back door. This was followed by a bunch of flybys...."

Was one of the Wolf Pack coming up on you a 1997 27Zx by chance?

The Hedgehog
07-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Been quiet but it's gonna be a good one this year.

I have a few cabins stashed so call me if you need one!

The Hedgehog
07-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Anyone ever tried making Bushwhackers with moonshine? If not I might bring a little something special this year...

moonshine is not only welcome but appreciated!

BUIZILLA
07-08-2013, 08:05 PM
hedge.... I need a 3 bdr cabin for my NashVegas crew

duckhunter
07-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Was one of the Wolf Pack running up on you a 1997 27-Zx piloted by Mr. Rose?

That's the one... He definitely wasn't as blatant about the flyby as the Flowerpot though! :embarasse

We tried to document this loud, stinky, obnoxious display but ended up with only a picture of a roostertail and a wake. Maybe we'll try a faster shutter speed this year!

Z-Man
07-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Team Dorothy Racing will be there! Crew of 4. Can't wait for the partying to begin and to see everyone!

roadtrip se
07-08-2013, 10:26 PM
That's the one... He definitely wasn't as blatant about the flyby as the Flowerpot though! :embarasse

We tried to document this loud, stinky, obnoxious display but ended up with only a picture of a roostertail and a wake. Maybe we'll try a faster shutter speed this year!

-Thank you, thank you very much!- The King of Rock and Roll

duckhunter
07-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Is anyone else interested in doing some prop testing at the gorge? I am bringing my stash and am always game to try new stuff as I still haven't found "the" prop for my setup.

Here's what I will have:

Mercury Bravo 1 4B 15.5 x 22P
Mercury Vengeance 3B 14.5 x 19P
Turbo 2+2TH 4B 14.0 x 20P

If you've got something collecting dust in the garage I would love to give it a shot... The B1 is for sale for what I've got in it minus depreciation for the 1hr of run time. Let's say $350 and a cold beer. These are $575 from Merc.