PDA

View Full Version : Boat Show and Festival m=now up and open

seabuddy
02-12-2013, 07:26 PM
http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/events-and-activities/news-and-events/registration-is-now-open-for-our-26th-annual-classic-boat-show-festival-in-st-michaels/

seabuddy
02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
call me if you have a question.

Chris Brown 518-281-0045

seabuddy
02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
or if you need a special location on the showgrounds or pierside.

seabuddy
02-12-2013, 07:30 PM
17 acres of boat show for3 days.

seabuddy
02-13-2013, 05:41 AM
3 day show. Friday, June 14, June 15, and June 16, 2013 in St. Michaels, Maryland on the grounds and in the buildings of the Chesapeake Bay Maritine Museum

seabuddy
02-13-2013, 05:43 AM
area on the show grounds for "Boats for Sale"

Ghost
02-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Honestly I tried to figure this out on the web...

Wondering if pets were allowed on the grounds (not inside any museum buildings) during the festival, but couldn't find a ruling. Figured it was a long shot, but if anyone actually knows...

mario
02-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Might try to get my 19 ft 69 chris craft super sport there this year if i get the eng back in

bertsboat
02-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Dogs are welcome as long as owners pick up after them

Ghost
02-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Was that a 'no' on pets?

EDIT: Oops, didn't see bertsboat's post before I asked. Thanks! (I was totally confused--had scrolled to the top instead of the bottom to read the latest. Mixing sites.)

BUIZILLA
02-14-2013, 08:55 AM
define *pets*

:)

Ghost
02-14-2013, 09:37 AM
define *pets*

:)

Jim, LOL. Anything/anyone with a dog collar on. Unless it's from Lenny's neighbor.

seabuddy
02-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Inside joke?

seabuddy
02-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Inside joke?

seabuddy
02-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Any one like 3 days of classics on the Eastern Shore as some call St. Michaels side of Maryland?

f_inscreenname
02-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Dogs are allowed.

http://www.supernova19.com/fb81d130.jpg

seabuddy
04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/annual-boat-festival/2013-chesapeake-bay-antique-classic-boat-festival-information/ if yoou want some info

seabuddy
05-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Bertsboat, you coming in June to st. Michaels? I forgot, if I knew.

seabuddy
05-22-2013, 03:36 PM
It would be great to see you again.

seabuddy
05-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Bertsboat, you there?

bertsboat
05-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Thinking about it hard. Had such a great time last year and met lot's of great people too. Great place to visit if you have never been there before. Even saw a Donzi or two ride by. I will let you know.
How are you feeling?? Great boat ride, was it not !!

seabuddy
05-29-2013, 06:30 AM
The best time I had in six years. Thanks again. .... and let me know your plans. brcwb@aol.com

BUIZILLA
05-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Continuing our efforts to promote and preserve the boats and history of Donzi Marine, and the other boats and brands from the Thunderboat Row era, The Donzi Marine Restoration Society is happy to announce we will be helping sponsor the Antique and Classic Boat Societies Chesapeake Bay Chapters Annual 26th Annual Antique and Classic Boat Festival June 14-16. (http://www.donzi.net/forums/x-apple-data-detectors://0/)

We are looking for a couple boats interested in entering. If you are, please let us know ASAP so we can get you registered! Your entry fee will be covered, you just have to show up and have fun!

http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/annual-boat-festival/2013-chesapeake-bay-antique-classic-boat-festival-information/

CHACHI
05-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Continuing our efforts to promote and preserve the boats and history of Donzi Marine, and the other boats and brands from the Thunderboat Row era, The Donzi Marine Restoration Society is happy to announce we will be helping sponsor the Antique and Classic Boat Societies Chesapeake Bay Chapters Annual 26th Annual Antique and Classic Boat Festival June 14-16. (http://www.donzi.net/forums/x-apple-data-detectors://0/)

We are looking for a couple boats interested in entering. If you are, please let us know ASAP so we can get you registered! Your entry fee will be covered, you just have to show up and have fun!

http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/annual-boat-festival/2013-chesapeake-bay-antique-classic-boat-festival-information/

NICE!

Ken

biggiefl
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Do they do one in FL or is that Mt Dora? Looks like fun and St Michaels is always a neat place to visit and EAT.

seabuddy
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM
This is the St. Michaels Show for the 3 days of June 14,15,16. We area is a separate chapter. There are 57 chapters. Our chapter covers the mid-atlantic and to an extent, other areas as exampled by where the boats and visitors at the show come from. Folks came last year from Illinois, Vermont, Florida, Delaware, Virginia, New Hampshire,
North Carolina, Indiana, Ohio, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. The Mt Dora Show is the sunnyland chapter. Their nice show is in March.

bertsboat
05-29-2013, 04:57 PM
You going Jim? There were a few Donzi boats lurking around the show last year but they never stopped. There must be more in this area that are interested. The show is really a good show and such a great little town.
I am still deciding if I want to take the ride from Florida.
Bert

Donzi_Dude
05-29-2013, 05:31 PM

if your interested i think i can get a 19' Monzi to show up.

:kingme:

LMK!

BUIZILLA
05-29-2013, 07:22 PM
You going Jim? There were a few Donzi boats lurking around the show last year but they never stopped. There must be more in this area that are interested. The show is really a good show and such a great little town.
I am still deciding if I want to take the ride from Florida.
Bert nope. but that shouldn't relegate anyone from posting good pic's of the event................. :sombrero:

seabuddy
05-31-2013, 09:05 AM
There are several good events over the three days of June14,15,16,2013.

seabuddy
05-31-2013, 09:40 AM
I hear there will be a Poker Run in St. Michaels, MD as an extra event on Friday plus all of the regular show and festival.

f_inscreenname
06-01-2013, 01:51 AM

:kingme:

LMK!
Already taking the Nova 19 and the Biese. I'll keep the Monza in reserve til next year.

Donzi_Dude
06-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Already taking the Nova 19 and the Biese. I'll keep the Monza in reserve til next year.

cool!

i got a guy ready to show up and add some more trophies to his mantle. just waiting to hear back about the sponsorship.

:wink:

seabuddy
06-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Either Awards registration is closed or about to close. Did you call Dominic?

Donzi_Dude
06-01-2013, 06:33 PM
damn shame no response from the DMRS.

:cool:

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Are you saying that they did wrong?

Donzi_Dude
06-02-2013, 06:50 AM
seems to me when you make an offer to promote the things you claim to promote and then dont follow through facilitating the best examples to turn out at the show what are you really promoting?

i will let others be the judge.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2013, 07:04 AM

seems to me when you make an offer to promote the things you claim to promote and then dont follow through facilitating the best examples to turn out at the show what are you really promoting? this is a very credible show and exposition of boats, with that said the award and sponsorship declaration clearly states it's for a DONZI, not a MONZI... if you have what you feel is a legitimate and authentic DONZI worthwhile of judging for an award then by all means bring it..... if you show up with a wrongly deckeled hull and expect the same you'll be wasting your time

capiche?

Donzi_Dude
06-02-2013, 07:43 AM
this is a very credible show and exposition of boats, with that said the award and sponsorship declaration clearly states it's for a DONZI, not a MONZI...

capeche?

really?

promote and preserve the boats and history of Donzi Marine, and the other boats and brands from the Thunderboat Row era

i guess my reading comprehension is slipping from the top 1 percentile.

i guessing only boats that are 100% original count???

so i guess a boat sold by donzi with an original authentic matching DONZI MARINE hull sticker is not a DONZI?

or maybe you not liking the fact we have a chance to gain credibility of our claims and put this to bed for good, maybe?

or maybe the show is not going to be judged on the quality of workmanship, materials and uniqueness?

these are just some of the things that cross my mind.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2013, 08:53 AM
really? yup, really..

so i guess a boat sold by donzi with an original authentic matching DONZI MARINE hull sticker is not a DONZI?
or maybe you not liking the fact we have a chance to gain credibility of our claims and put this to bed for good, maybe? DD, this is your glorious moment to gain credibility,,,,, since you have now challenged the DMRS Sponsorship, the ACBS structure, and the Chesapeake Show itself, i'll call your bluff... you have never produced anything but babbling rhetoric or scanned pic's for years, so if you have pertinent documentation that this MONZI was in fact built and sold by Donzi Marine and does in fact exist (please produce Title and current Registration and new sale papers and anything else provable directly to me immediately and I will contact Chris and pay them TODAY), then by all means produce it TODAY, show up with the boat at the show for everyone to see once and for all, and I *personally* will pay your entry fee, and sponsorship funds,,,, if you don't do ANY of the above, then your credibility is still in the toilet...

or you can just show up with a presumably very nice Monza to exhibit, enjoy the Show, and display it for what it is

put up, or shut up

your choice

or maybe the show is not going to be judged on the quality of workmanship, materials and uniqueness? now your challenging the credibility of the Show, it's volunteer's, judges, and the ACBS.... you'll have to face them when you get there, and take that up with them

Carl C
06-02-2013, 09:55 AM
seems to me when you make an offer to promote the things you claim to promote and then dont follow through facilitating the best examples to turn out at the show what are you really promoting?

i will let others be the judge.

Do you really think that anyone will judge your credibility higher than DMRS or Jim H? All of your posts have been confrontational since you came back.

Donzi_Dude
06-02-2013, 09:59 AM
yup, really..

DD, this is your glorious moment to gain credibility,,,,, since you have now challenged the DMRS Sponsorship, the ACBS structure, and the Chesapeake Show itself, i'll call your bluff... you have never produced anything but babbling rhetoric or scanned pic's for years, so if you have pertinent documentation that this MONZI was in fact built and sold by Donzi Marine and does in fact exist (please produce Title and current Registration and new sale papers and anything else provable directly to me immediately and I will contact Chris and pay them TODAY), then by all means produce it TODAY, show up with the boat at the show for everyone to see once and for all, and I *personally* will pay your entry fee, and sponsorship funds,,,, if you don't do ANY of the above, then your credibility is still in the toilet...

or you can just show up with a presumably very nice Monza to exhibit, enjoy the Show, and display it for what it is

put up, or shut up

your choice

now your challenging the credibility of the Show, it's volunteer's, judges, and the ACBS.... you'll have to face them when you get there, and take that up with them

i didnt challenge the shows credibility at all. i challenged statements you made.

if you show up with a wrongly deckeled hull and expect the same you'll be wasting your time

capiche?

if i didnt think the show was credible i wouldnt waste my time or theirs. who is to decide if the boat is the legit? the navy? no thanks!

if you sponsor the boat i will do my best to make sure its there. no he said, she said, your proof is no good BS.

i would think it was the best policy to let the show decide what is credible and what is not, dont you?

so if the show decides the boat is legit or not legit for legitimate reasons we will all accept that. im not looking for a free ride or trying to deceive. if you sponsor it we can end this here and now. there are memebers here that have seen the boat and know its legit but some cant accept that.

no conditions on anything. its called a level playing field. something you avoid like the plague.
the ball is in your court.

Donzi_Dude
06-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Do you really think that anyone will judge your credibility higher than DMRS or Jim H? All of your posts have been confrontational since you came back.

i not looking for anybody to judge my credibility. i could care less. im just presenting the facts. no, im not looking for a confrontation either. if i see something that dont seem right to me and comment on it thats being confrontational? all that teabagging thats been tried by other memebers here over the years is not confrontational?

i saw an opportunity to mend some fences. if the DMRS wants to reach out and try its all good.

biggiefl
06-02-2013, 10:58 AM
I have a Donzi sticker on my truck...think I can swing it as an original?

f_inscreenname
06-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Donzi Dude
I'm not going to pretend that I know all of what's going on here because I don't. Just seems like there's something amiss that could be easily straightened out.
I know that a ACBS registration has been open since last year for the show. I will admit DMRS sponsorship did come along late but a phone call would have got everything taken care of in a matter of seconds. A simple phone call to mad poodle or Dominick and it would've been done. One thing you do have to understand though is the DMRS connection and the free registration for the show is for Donzi's only. I'm sure nobody was going to get in a pissing match over who built what, when and how but you have to understand that most folks do not consider a Monza Marine to be a Donzi even though they have many similarities. And yes Don may have been involved at some point but at the same time he may not have. From the history that I found they were just friendly folks working on the same street in Florida at the time. And this is coming from someone who's owned a 1972 Monza 19 and currently owns a 1970 Monza 19.
Now all that is just pertaining to your Monza and the DMRS sponsorship. As for your boat and the ACBS I am sure they would be more than happy to have your boat at the show and it wouldn't matter what name was on it. As long as you can prove that it was made before their cut off year and you paid the registration fee its in. Then it will just be judged on what is there and stand on its own merits. Hell it could even be a splash of a Monza. As an example I took a Nova Marine last year when most folks think that Wellcraft designed and built the boat. It won best race boat.
And then there's just some folks show up with their boats by land and sea. They don't even "enter" the show but still have a great time.
So please don't go busting on everybody over this. If you can't make it this year (I'm sure people will still try to help you get in the 2013 if you want) than that's fine. I'm sure next year everyone will have plenty of time and notice. Again we know it was short notice but the sponsorship deal didn't come together until AOTH. Really hard to get everything rolled out and all your ducks in a row in a matter of days for show as large as this and mistakes will be made. Not like most people can drop everything, pack up the boat and the kids and roll on down to St. Michael's on a couple days notice. Next year things will be a whole lot different and just maybe I will bring in 1970 Monza 19 in 2014.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
if you sponsor the boat i will do my best to make sure its there. no he said, she said, your proof is no good BS. show me proof the boat is legit and what you say it is, and we'll sponsor it, is that perfect enough english, and a level enough field for you??

do you really think i'm going to pay for something you can't prove even exists, and your not even sure you can get it there?

you want to mend fences?? that's great, i'm alll for it

where are your facts you speak of??

you do have written documentation, sale records, and not hearsay correct?

what is the HIN # ??

what is it that is so secret and you have to hide?

no proof, no sponsor, simple as that

otherwise your still a babbling BS artist that's never proven anything

my cards are on the table, right here, in writing, in black and white

so, one final time, and time is running out to get you entered, put up or shut up

Donzi_Dude
06-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Donzi Dude
the free registration for the show is for Donzi's only.

Don may have been involved at some point

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

then why make a misleading statement such as below if that was the case. i didnt see that being pointed out until after the fact.

no, i do not think Don was involved with these boats other than him running some of the same circles as Elkind and being on Thunderboat Row.

regardless of the hull the boat was sold BY the donzi factory and issued a foil Donzi Marine sticker so... are we spilting hairs here?

again its not my boat but i do appreciate your encouragement.

Donzi_Dude
06-02-2013, 01:03 PM
where are your facts you speak of??

you do have written documentation, sale records, and not hearsay correct?

what is the HIN # ??

my cards are on the table, right here, in writing, in black and white

so, one final time, and time is running out to get you entered, put up or shut up

to expect the lack a sales receipt to be a determining factor is a bit over the top. it could certainly help prove the case but is a no go.

ill see if i can get the number off the sticker but the boat is out of state. from what i remember its 19-4xx or something like that.

entire history of the boat is known.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
email me a CLEAR PIC of the foil and a pic of the boat...

buick528 at aol.com

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 03:44 PM
There are several points here.1) CBC ACBS got sponsorship money from several sponsors. That money came in from those sponsors over time. There is no deadline for sponsorship money by an non-profit hobby group I have ever been involved with in my memory. I took on the volunteer job of pre-show publicity and have done so for several years. I start promoting the Show and Festival in about August of each year. I do not keep up day to day with all the other volunteers, but they are my friends.

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I have been a member of this board since 2010. I would think my posts are archived and any one who is interested can look up when I started/invited/suggested Donzi boats and other fiberglass boats to come to the show. This particular ACBS club ( Chesapeake Bay Chapter) has had classic fiberglass for years before my joining them. They have had classic fiberglass awards as early or earlier than most of the other of the other 56 chapters of the ACBS.

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 04:07 PM
I, and I alone, Chris (seabuddy) Brown am sponsoring a Best Donzi Award. I talked with my friend that heads up the 40 plus Awards for the show and talked about judging using the ACBS rules he uses. That is his area of volunteering for the show. He thought having the Donzi Boats owners that have boats at the show Award the Award I paid for was something that worked before with other marques in the past. That idea appealed to me. Those folks know more about what is fair than I would. I am paying for an Award without knowing who is and who is not coming. Fine with me. Trusting those Donzi Boat Owners to judge who gets the Award makes sense to me. I am aware that there are many more brands of Fiberglass boats that would be cool at the Show. I do not have the coin to sponsor an award for all of them. My name is openly posted on this board. My telephone number is there too as well as my e-mail address. Another friend, Dominic, that does the registration telephone and e-mail has also been posted.

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 04:09 PM
BTW, no sponsor thinks that their sponsorship gives them ownership of a show.

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM
This show is the 26th Annual Antique and Classic Boat Festival for the Chesapeake Bay Chapter of the ACBS. It will go on past my years of involvement as it did before I joined them.

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 04:15 PM
I am sorry that you do not like me, my friends, and my hobby club. Go with God, as life is short. I want to have good fun while I am around.

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 04:26 PM
I believe registration for this year's show was announced on 2.23.2013, what is not timely about that for a show that runs June 14,15,16, 2013?

seabuddy
06-02-2013, 05:17 PM
The Donzi Award registration is not closed. You do have to register for the show (who pays for it is up to you ) and the boat has to be judged by all the donzi boats at the show.

f_inscreenname
06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I think everyone here has to agree that you Chris and ACBS are doing a great thing for the Donzi community. :smile:

mario
06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Looks like there might be some more nice glass boats there this year that's a good thing the time has come to start seeing some cool old glass boats good job hope to see you all there

f_inscreenname
06-06-2013, 12:41 PM
7 days until the show.http://www.donzi.org/forum/images/smilies/whee.gif

seabuddy
06-07-2013, 11:13 AM
If you have not called or e-mailed me by now, I want to say that a week out from the Show, I rescind my offer with registration fees. Still will sponsor a "Best Donzi" award that will be judged by the Donzi boat owners at the show. They will decide whose boat is the Best Donzi there.

I have kept away from any and all Donzi boats being registered information. Dominic manages that for the club. So, if one boat shows, that boat wins. If 10 show then those 10 boat owners will grab a beer or two (I'll supply) and decide who has the best Donzi, using their personal criteria.

FYI, The Award is brought and I asked that it be engraved for this year's Show.

seabuddy
06-08-2013, 05:44 AM
I should be on the show grounds Thursday - Sunday. I am big, tall, wear glasses, usually have a wide brimmed hat on.

Offset
06-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Seabuddy, it sounds like you are going to have a busy week getting everything organized for the show. I just wanted to say good for you for your efforts to promote the Donzi brand, so many work so hard to restore and maintain their beautiful boats. Stepping up to the plate to recognize those efforts is a pretty impressive thing.

Good luck with the show, it will all go well. :thumbsup:

seabuddy
06-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Well, I do a part, but there are about 30 from the Chesapeake Bay Chapter of the ACBS club, 30 from the Sea Scouts of the Boy Scouts of America, and maybe another 20 from the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum who all volunteer also. We each do different jobs.

It is a big show (maybe six football fields?) and we can get quite a crowd on Saturday. I suggest one come Friday, when you can talk to everybody. Sunday, the show starts to break down as folks got to get home.

f_inscreenname
06-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Didn't think it would happen but ...
Ordered it weeks ago and the print finally came today and just finished up framing it with a custom black matt a few minutes ago.
It's a negative copy of the blueprint of the Donzi 7 Meter hull drawn by Dick Cole goes to this weekend Donzi winner.

http://imageshack.us/a/img221/1745/34140453.jpg

seabuddy
06-12-2013, 05:16 AM
You really do everything first class!