PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Water Pump replace or rebuild

VetteLT193
02-12-2013, 03:26 PM
My Fresh Water Pump is dead. Anyone know if parts are available? I presume it's the motor. Or is the standard to just toss the whole thing and replace?

I found references to pump repair kits but can't find one actually for sale. My pump is the old version of these: Shurflo 3901-0206 OEM ; 3901-0216 Aftermarket

BUIZILLA
02-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Camping World just had them on sale.... I would upgrade to the 3.5 or 4.2 gpm pump myself

Phil S
02-12-2013, 07:14 PM
..just curious, as I recently replaced one on an RV. There's an adjustment screw on some models for the pressure cut-off. (mine wouldn't shut-off..)

Phil S.

VetteLT193
02-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Turn it on and the breaker pops. It makes no sound or does anything else. It could be that the pump part is seized.

Buiz... Do you think it is worth upgrading considering it only has a 20 gallon tank? I tend to run out of water as it is by the time I'm done washing us, the kids, and all the junk that goes with them into the salt water.

I'm also considering running an extension on the intake line all the way around the bilge compartment to warm the water up. Anyone ever try this? I guess I could do it on the output side too if it makes any difference. What happens now is the line for the wash down on the platform is in the compartment and it feels great for about 30 seconds because the engine heat has warmed the line up but then goes cold as water from the tank enters the line.

VetteLT193
02-13-2013, 07:54 AM
It looks like the one at camping world is the RV unit without the Ignition protection?