PDA

View Full Version : super Nova made the headlines slider

seabuddy
02-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Best Race Boat winner made the headlines as one of 5 boats at the top of the page in the redone web site here... http://www.chesapeakebayacbs.org/

I wonder what the boat owner will want to do for 2013?

June 14, 2013 2 and 1/2 river cruise, cocktails, and full show

June 15, 2013 Day of Seminars and full show

June 16, 2013 1/2 day show and Awards Bar-B-Que lunch that takes 2 hours to talk about and give out the winners

Baby Donzi was at last year's show and impressed the hell out of the crowd, but did not want to be judged. I know, these ACBS clubs have a rep of no FIBERGLASS boats are classics, but this club put a trophy on more than one in 2012. Let's go for more fiberglass in 2013!

f_inscreenname
02-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks
Wait until you see what I bring this year. :biggrin:

seabuddy
02-09-2013, 02:04 AM
I look forward to it!

mario
02-09-2013, 08:52 AM
They have donzi listed in the boat line up to kinda cool

f_inscreenname
02-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Lots of Donzis and cousins to.

72Hornet
02-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Seabuddy, As our chapter president of our ACBS club out here in Iowa, we are very inclusive of classic glass. We put our wood boat show on every year and we have alot of our members and non members bring their glass and wood boats. We had a Donzi Marque one year with 5 original Donzis. An early 70's X18', 1968 18', 1969 Ski Sporter, 1972 Hornet (mine) and a 1967 18' Barrel Back. We also had member who recently passed away and he brought 4 restored fiberglass finned boats from the late 50's to our show every year.
I know that there are other chapters or factions within every chapter that may not be excited to have glass in their shows, but it is my personal thought that there is a gaining movement to have more glass at the shows. The crowds certainly enjoy seeing all of them as well.
I have wood boats and I have fiberglass boats as well. I enjoy them all and believe that they all are deserving of preservation and enjoyment.

72Hornet
02-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I would also like to add some thoughts to my previous post. I attended the Tavares show in Florida last March as we do the St. Johns River trip the week before in a 1956 Chris Craft Continental 23' and then show it at Tavares. When we arrived at the show, but what to my surprise was getting alot of attention? None other than Bert Harris and his stunning Baby Donzi. It was indeed a show stopper!
So much fun to see that! Can't wait to see what Bert will be showing this year!

f_inscreenname
02-09-2013, 01:28 PM
I would also like to add some thoughts to my previous post. I attended the Tavares show in Florida last March as we do the St. Johns River trip the week before in a 1956 Chris Craft Continental 23' and then show it at Tavares. When we arrived at the show, but what to my surprise was getting alot of attention? None other than Bert Harris and his stunning Baby Donzi. It was indeed a show stopper!
So much fun to see that! Can't wait to see what Bert will be showing this year!
Burt gets around. He was at our show last summer to and owes me a ride.
We are trying to get F/G the respect it deserves.

72Hornet
02-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Burt gets around. He was at our show last summer to and owes me a ride.
We are trying to get F/G the respect it deserves.

I would agree with you on the respect part. I remember when I joined the ACBS back in 1992. I thought it was crazy back then not to accept fiberglass. Some things take time and I think we are making very strong strides in making that a true reality. I have noticed alot more interest from some old timers that were at one time strictly from the wood boat side of the street. They now are enjoying learning about and taking part in some of the history and experiences of the Donzi performance. I expose them to what it is all about and get them out in the boats. All good!