PDA

View Full Version : Winter progress.

katanna
01-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Other than Carl, it doesnt seem like anybody is working on their boats this winter.
Here is a few pix of my progress so far.

Larger tabs with indicator switch-done
4 blade prop-done
Full hydraulic steering-50% done
Adding step pads to trailer-75% done

Steve

RockyS18
01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Looks great! Post a pic of that indicator, and what tabs are those?

yembo77
02-01-2013, 07:22 AM
I was wondering how you did the step pads. Now that the frame is on are you just going to cover them in some diamond plating? That's a sweet idea! I've wanted to do that but though about Rigging up a bolt on setup with U bolts. My trailer is just a galvanized roller. Good trailer but not too fancy. Nice shop with lots of space. Must Be Texas! Lol. Right now my shop is about 40 degrees and chock full of donzi and impala ss. To work on one means to remove the car on Saturday's. I'm looking to start taking apart my dash now that my wheel and gauges are in.

Lookin good!

Matt

katanna
02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Tabs are Lenco. Forgot to take a picture of the indicator today but it is built into the Lenco switch and has very bright leds.

Matt,
I welded the step pad frames on. They will be covered with exterior plywood wrapped in blue carpet. The diamond plate looks good but is slippery in bare feet and too sharp on the edges.
I am actually in Michigan, that is the warehouse at the Harley dealer I run. I get to walk by the boat all day and dream of summer.

Also, the trailer started life as a galvanized roller trailer. I cut it down the center, removed 8 inches and welded it back together. Took 8 inches out of the axle too. It now fits inside a standard enclosed trailer and will go up on the car hoist its under now.

Steve

katanna
02-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Tabs are lenco. Indicaters are built into the lenco switch-very bright

Matt,
Step pad frames were welded on. I will cover them with plywood wrapped in dark blue carpet. the diamond plate looks good but is not kind to bare feet. It was actually a galvanized roller trailer at one time. I cut it along with the axle and removed 8 inches from the center. Also added the bunks. Fits inside and enclosed trailer and will go up on the hoist currently above it. I am in Michigan, have the benifits of a warehouse at the Harley dealer I run. Came in a couple hours early today and got the helm bolted in.

Steve